Encoder counts for burny 1250
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Encoder counts for burny 1250

I posted this in another section but realize now that it was posted in the wrong section so my apologies. Anyway, working on a c & g systems aviator plasma table only to find that my encoder counts on x and y are gone. Could I possibly beg and plead one of you guys that may have a burny 1250 to look up settings in service mode ( please oh please). I have read the entire book and found no encoder counts and am getting desperate. Thanks in advance.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you ask the manufacturer? Contact Us | Burny Kaliburn
    That's your single best bet. Give them a call, you should be able to get through to the right person eventually. Looks like a lincoln product or they bought the company. Either way, it says they still provide support.

Else, you can probably solve this with some math. Look at the servos/steppers/whatever. Find the part number for their encoders, punch that into google, and find the datasheet for it. use that number, whether it's 1000, 2000, 4000 counts per rev. Put the machine into jog mode and jog it sloooowwwly. Move it 1 inch, see if it actually moved one inch. If it seems controllable, moving it further will show you errors more easily.

If it moved an easy multiple of that, then just adjust the encoder count appropriately- If you set it to 2000 and it moved twice as far as anticipated, then set it to 1000.

Now this is assuming it knows the leadscrew or rack and pinion pitch. If it doesn't, you may have to determine the leadscrew pitch or sort out the ratios on your r+p and multiply or divide the encoder count accordingly.

Once you think you have it figured out, run some long travel moves and check them, and then cut some parts and confirm it's working properly.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The encoders usually have a tag on them that specifies the number of pulses per revolution.

It is also not uncommon to see machines with a different number of pulses per rev then what was the original factory supplied encoder.

if you can't find he tag, then calculating the number of pulses over a measured distance as was suggested in the previous post can get you there also but with more effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    The encoders usually have a tag on them that specifies the number of pulses per revolution.

It is also not uncommon to see machines with a different number of pulses per rev then what was the original factory supplied encoder.

if you can't find he tag, then calculating the number of pulses over a measured distance as was suggested in the previous post can get you there also but with more effort.
    Iím having problems with the machine. Itís a Frankenstein machine to say the least. The good news is the controller powers up.... but hereís the bad news. The machine will not jog or do any type of movement on any axis. I had to solder wires together so the cables would be long enough and need to ohm them to make sure I donít have any loose ends (pun intended). The story on the machine is this; I bought it from a friend of mine that got it but there was no controller. In the meantime I found a burny 1250, gantry off of a plasma with cables and motors and the plasma cutter at HGR. I bought them and this is where I am now. I donít think itís hopeless but am frustrated. My optical torch on my Koike quit working the other day. When it rains it pours. Thanks for the replies and Iíll try burny and C&G Systems today. I tried alphatek the other day but had no success.