What's new
What's new

END MILL CHIP locking

karthi@76398

Plastic
stainless steel workpiece .A 12mm open drilling process & the same drill hole .A 15mm endmil counter bore 6mm depth 10 holes.CHIP locking how to solve it

Last edited:
We need much more info, .this isn't a dollar a letter telegram, ............and as we can be ''quite nice'' a please / thank you don't go amiss either.

stainless steel workpiece .A 12mm open drilling process & the same drill hole .A 15mm endmil counter bore 6mm depth 10 holes.CHIP locking how to solve it
Post #1. Which one are you having the problem with? The 12 mm drill or the 15mm end mill? I'm guessing the drill, But that would only be a guess.

use a coolant tru spindle in combination with the collets with coolant holes. or if possible you can mill the counterbore in a helix shape

Its when you just made some awesome home made green chile salsa, or french onion
dip(the real way with REAL carmelized onions) and the old lady is pissed at you
because you didn't take the trash out, so she locks the chips in the closet.

And you in the dog house.

WHAT THE FUCK is chip locking?

I thought it was the reason I have scars all down my arms and back and in my ear canal. Running a Manual Lathe, is "chip blocking" I thought it might be lost in translation or the written word.

Maybe "chip locking" is when Bob's wife just wants to watch reruns on Chips. Or some political agenda with Children and health insurance. Or when your eating in England and the french fry gets stuck in your throat. OR a Golf thing.

R

if you are fluent in multiple languages maybe you can say something about a persons english. you might want to be more tolerant of a persons english. in England many Americans have been told they speak bad english too. and in the UK they have accents like Scottish and Welsh and others where you can easily be not understood.
i saw a documentary on old English from 900 years ago and the "english" like 90% of i could not understand it, thats how much a language can change.

if you are fluent in multiple languages maybe you can say something about a persons english. you might want to be more tolerant of a persons english. in England many Americans have been told they speak bad english too. and in the UK they have accents like Scottish and Welsh and others where you can easily be not understood.
i saw a documentary on old English from 900 years ago and the "english" like 90% of i could not understand it, thats how much a language can change.

That's true Tom, I very rarely, if ever, understand a fucking word of what you say, and I don't even hear your accent.

FYI Scottish and welsh are not English except when it comes to government hand outs, they both took a vote on it so its no longer accent, it can be there own bloody language too!

Or worse yet hallmark channel.

One of the worst is the ID channel.. Murder and Death.. I get enough real life
in real life, I don't need to watch it on TV also.. That's the Misses normal TV..

The funny thing with the Lifetime threat, when she carries it out... Its usually
a crappy movie that ends up not being all that bad, and far better than "How to Kill
Your Husband" on the ID network.

I can't complain.. She lets me watch Football, Racing, South Park, The Simpsons, Gold
Rush and all the other stupid stuff that I enjoy... Stuff that has NOTHING to do with
real life... She can't handle Bob's Burgers and Lord of the Rings, and I think I finally
pushed her over the edge on the Harry Potter. And the fit she pitches if I put on Ancient
Aliens is award winning. (I don't like that show either, just the reaction).

The chips are clogging the counter bore and galling the machined surface? Is my best guess.

The solution would be improving chip evacuation. Maybe, blow out the holes after drilling is a simple example.

Does it look like this galling - Google Search

Last edited:

Oh fuck off.
Don't presume to know my intentions or tolerances.

Back