What's new
What's new

Enshu S-400 Enac Programming Problem

Mario Rossi

Plastic
Hello all,

this is my first post. I've just found this website looking on google. It's a great website.

I've a problem on a Enshu S-400 Enac CNC machine with Jaskawa JZNC-IRK31M-131J00 control. I need to reprogram this machine but I don't know how to set the circular switch on the FC200 board to allow the reprogramming from the FC903 board by RS232 interface.

Therefore the questions are:

1) Could anybody explain to me the different circular switch positions on the FC200 board ? Which is the correct position to allow reprogramming ? I'm unable to find a manual on the web.

2) Since it's my first time ever that I have to reprogram a CNC machine, could anybody explain to me how to do it (at least the main passages) ? I will use Cimco Edit 8 with the original CNC programs.

3) Which is the pin diagram for the RS232 interface for the file transfer between the CNC and the computer ?

I've attached some photos. Don't look the japanese write, now it's in english. :)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 152
I am guessing you have a Yasnac i80 control, if I am wrong disregard the rest. Here is the best info I can give to answer your questions. It helped me backup my parameters.

1) Go here for the manuals. Yaskawa has all of their manuals available online so you can download them whenever you need/want. Big kudos to them for this!

3) That info is in the wiring diagrams that came with your machine, hopefully you have them. There may also be some info about this in the machine manual too. There is in mine for my S300 with a J50 control.

Hi DavidScott, thanks for the answer. Yes I have the Yasnac i80 control. The model is JZNC-IRK31M-131J00. Unfortunately all the original machine's manuals are lost.

1) On the Yaskawa manuals, they show the tape reader RS232 cable. Is it the same diagram for the computer cable connection ?

2) If I have understand well from this document, since I still have the original machine programs, I have to start from the step 7 and then proceed to reset the machine's memory by selecting the "E" switch position, reload the program with the switch at "2" position, and finally select the "0" to operate normally. Is it correct ?

For now I have a RS232 cable with this pin diagram.

When you say "reprogramming the cnc", do you mean reloading the parameters?

If that is what you are trying to do then the rotary switch should be set to 2 to unlock the parameter memory.

You will need to set the communication parameters manually to match the sending device before trying to load them by RS232.

In the US Enshu makes you pay a $750 fee to "register" your machine with them before they will even quote you a price on a part, but once paid you get fee phone tech for life and a new set of all of the manuals with all updates and service sheets. The phone tech is excellent and they stock any part I have ever wondered if they had at relatively reasonable prices. I don't know about European Enshu but it may be worth looking into. Since you don't have any manuals it could be the best $750ish you could spend. The Yaskawa manuals are well worth having but they don't show how Enshu integrated the electronics into their mill so they can't tell you everything.

1) Most likely.
2) It has been about 3 years since I backed up my parameters and don't remember much.

That looks like a standard software handshaking pinout. Does Cimco Edit show which signals are active or not? If not then download DNC4U because it does. They have a 60 day evaluation period of their program with all features enabled. This will make figuring out your cables and if they are working or not much easier since you can see what signals are active or not.

Hi DavidScott, fortunately I have retrive the manuals from an identitcal machine :D

I've tried to connect to the CNC by RS232 interface on main control with no success. In Cimco Edit's interface, some indicator should blinking during the file transmission but not in my case.

This is my configuration. Obviously it's the same between CNC and the computer.

https://i.postimg.cc/8z0YLT16/Configuration.jpg

On the machine's manual the Port No. 2 is used for the file transfer but I don't know where it is. To connect the computer to CNC, I've useed the main port on main controller. In the RS232 configuration that you can see in the previous picture, I can only use\select the port No 1. Is it the port shown in the picture below, therefore the port on the main control ?

https://i.postimg.cc/4x6K9xv8/RS232.jpg

After selecting the correct mode (switch set to position 2 and IN Mode selected), it's impossible for me to communicate with the machine.

I only tried Cimco edit a little bit a few years ago. I never got it to work so moved on so can't help you there, other than my suggestion to try DNC4U to at least get your cabling figured out. It will show you what each of the 7 or so lines are signaling. It is real nice to see the CTS and DSR lines turn green when you set the control to receive, then you at least know your on the right path. 6 years ago I tried out a lot of communication programs. For me, DNC4U and Hyperterminal worked, and I never got any of the other programs to even do anything.

Much of the fun with a new to you used machine is figuring what the previous owners/morons did to it. I have one where they disabled, as in removed a cable, the RS232 port on the control face. So with this in mind who knows what you have to work with.

With both of my Yasnac machines, I use 7 data bits, 2 stop bits, even parity. Start by changing to the setting I use and you may want to lower the baud rate to begin with, just in case something doesn't want to go that fast.

I just looked back at the first photo you posted in this thread. Is that plywood in the electrical cabinet of your mill???

Exactly, you got the point. :)

This is a used machine taken from another factory and the first thing that I had done has been repaired some damages like capacitors on the FC200 board, replace the damaged main power supply because someone had caused a short circuit :eek: and replace the backup's battery. So yes, some stupid persons used it before ;)

Tomorrow I will try also the DNC4U software to verify the RS232 communication, but now I'm thinking that maybe the Yasnac i80m have some others damage due to previous users bad maneuvers. I will let you know the result.

Referring to my first image, yes it's wood but it's not in the electrical cabinet. I've done that photo in my house because I took out the i80m control from the machine to replace some capacitors and the backup's battery. The wood it's only a little structure that I had built to lock the main control in front of me. :D

Thanks again for the support DavidScott :)

How are the Y-axis ways? I have an S300 and found out the way covers are defective! The ways looked like they had been immersed in saltwater for 6 months because coolant was getting under the covers and spraying the ways for years.

I seem to always have difficulty getting my computer to communicate with my controls for the first time so hopefully it's not the control. Do try DNC4U, I really doubt you will think it was a waste of time after you do.

Back