Eppinger Preci-Flex
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Eppinger Preci-Flex

Do any of you guys use Eppinger Preci-Flex live tools? What do you think of it? We are a job shop and are looking at getting a Doosan 3100 with this tooling system. We are thinking we can have a few holders setup with tools, and offsets saved in the machine and just swap the holders out so we can have a larger range of tools setup. Do you guys think this is a good plan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't have any Preci-Flex tools, but I can tell you that a live tool lathe in a job shop environment is a massive time sink for setting.

If you hope to have good uptime on this machine, then anything you can do to speed changeovers will be a boon.

Personally, I'd much rather have capto qc live tools than preci-flex, but the cost will be significantly higher.

Short answer: Yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They're great. A little pricey (though I don't have anything similar to compare them too) and sometimes they have quite a long lead time, but with the huge range of options and the fact that they're interchangeable, they're 100% worth it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’ve got some Preci-Flex tools that came with my Doosan Lynx. The holders themselves are ok, but not terribly quick to change over. I just like the two that I use...the ER16 extension and the shell mill arbor. They require you to loosen four pot-metal screws to swap over. They repeat ok, but not what I’d call quick. I use them mostly for the function over the quickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have a mix of Preci Flex (came with the machine) and Nikken. We can get larger collets for the Nikken , but both work well. I actually like the coolant supply on the Preci Flex better, its easier to adjust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the reply's. The boss sent the PO for the lathe, so in 3-4months i get to have some fun with a live tool lathe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have the preciflex with cat 40 holders and an adjustable head by eppinger.Quality is good with eppinger. We dont use our live tooling near as much as we could due to change over time. Eppinger has a line called the compacto that is a capto holder that we are looking in to. We are mostly a job shop so it's quicker just to move stuff over to the umc750 and do a second op most of the time.