What's new
What's new

Experience with Vibration (Oscillation) cutting on Tsugami sliding head machine

eopin

Plastic
Has anyone used the new Vibration (Oscillation) cutting feature on their Tsugami machines? That tech from the videos below is comparable to the LFV feature offered in similar Citizen machines.

I am trying to get more info from Tsugami India, Japan, and USA (REM Sales), but so far none of them have replied on details of the features of the so-called Oscillation Cutting technique since about 15 days now.

Basically, we are trying to compare it with the LFV feature offered on Citizen machines to decide our purchase between a Tsugami or the Citizen swiss machine.

Anyone having experience with both or either of them could share their thoughts on the same?

Links:
YouTube
YouTube

No experience on the Tsugami end. I can tell you the Citizen version works wonderfully for things like gun drilling, and chip control on your deeper/longer cuts/stringy materials.

This is pretty cool! I've never heard of this until now. The second video in the OP is a great illustration of how this operation actually works. I'm trying to wrap my mind around how fast this has to happen at any kind of higher spindle speeds like would normally be associated with smaller diameter work. The plunging down into the work using constant surface feed seems by the time the tool got closer to center this oscillating moment would be nothing more than a fast vibration. Wonder if spindle speeds have to be capped with using this cutting pattern method? It appears this would be the cats meow where busting up stringy chips is a problem.

Brent

I looked into getting this implemented on our M08s and B0326 at the old day job to break chips in a few applications where we got terrible birds nesting and were trying to run overnight. Since I left I seriously doubt anyone else had the wherewithal to ask about it again.

Back