What's new
What's new

Ez trak run -time error m6104 problem

turbojo1

Plastic
Have an ez trax mill that on boot up it goes threw the countdown like it should then it shows, run - time error m6104 : math - floating - point error: overflow loading ez utils. Just wondering if anyone has any idea on a way to fix this problem . Any help would really be appreciated . Thank You in advance ..

Make sure your BMDC is properly seated in the backplane. What is your 12VDC signal looking like? should be about 12.0-12.3ish.

Does it get all the way in the countdown? Or does it sto pbefore 0, like when its booting up normally?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Yes it makes it threw the countdown like it always does then when its ready to through the xyz numbers up it shows this error up on screen . It done it awhile back but then started working right again, but yesterday it just wont get past this issue. I will check thr 12volt signal later on this evening when i get back home . Thanks for your help appreciate it alot.

Update , I've check that 12 volt and 5 volt is there out of the power supply to hard drive and motherboard that looks good . But now not sure were to turn . Weather its a hard drive problem . Any ideas be appreciated. Thank You ..

Do you have another EZ Trak to swap part with? I would try reloading the software. At this point, you have a possible glitch in the software, bad hard drive, or bad motherboard from the sound of it.

Jon

Have another ez trak at work but its alittle newer than mine at home. Has different #'s on motherboard and hard drive. Different version software in it to. So not sure if this will be compatible with mine. One question who out there is selling motherboards , software and hard drive s for theses machines now. And my power supply does have the 12 volts and 5 volts coming out of it. Thanks for your time joey

What exactly are the voltages? They need to be between 5.0-5.2VDC and 12.0-12.3VDC ish.

As long as they are EZ Trak DX machines, the motherboards and hard drives will be compatible. At most, you will have to re-install the software and select the proper machine (2/3 axis, style pendant, etc) it will at least get you in the right direction.

The OEM for the older Bridgeport CNCs (EZ Trak, EZ Path, Explorer, etc) is EMI out of Pennsylvania. We are a distributor for them. Here are the part numbers and prices for what you mentioned.

Hard drive 11591326 #165.00 (if you order this without the software, it will come empty with no OS installed.)
Software for EZ Trak 001331 $149.00 (This comes with 2 copies of the software. If you order this with a DOM, itll be installed on the DOM)
Motherboard (if your motherboard is integrated into the backplane) 002545 $784.00
Motherboard (if your unit has a passive backplane already) 002544 $670.00
To keep the warranty active on the motherboard, also order the filter 000272 for $46.00.

Most of the time, people just buy auto filters to put on the back of the control cabinet. Do not do this, it does not allow proper air flow through the filter to cool the cabinet. Those filters arent designed for a 12v or 110V fan, but an engine. This can cause huge huge issues.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

GP faults can suck. See the above information about checking the power supply.

I have seen that GP faults are more often than not the motherboard or the BMDC. However, it can also be a software glitch. Don't just reload the software, completely re-format your hard drive and re-install software.

Jon

Back