What's new
What's new

Fadal 4020 tool bucket won't move down all the way

SavannaRail

Plastic
Hello,

I am needing some assistance finding a fix to the tool holder bucket won't swing down all the way and always needs a slight nudge to get it to hang straight down so the DATC will grab it and change it out. It had always worked without issue.

VMC is a 2005 Fadal 4020 with side mount tool carousel, Fanuc Controlled

The air pressure going into the CNC is at 100 PSI and out of the second regulator is at 90PSI.

Checked for broken air lines to the pneumatic cylinder, that lifts up to flip the bucket, and all seems good.

Cleaned the track and pinch points around the bucket flip down mechanism from any chips or debris, still it does not drop straight down without a nudge.

Here is the Youtube link - it has sound if that will help. https://youtu.be/9-dDNLoFd4g

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have to babysit this machine on every tool change.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I am needing some assistance finding a fix to the tool holder bucket won't swing down all the way and always needs a slight nudge to get it to hang straight down so the DATC will grab it and change it out. It had always worked without issue.

VMC is a 2005 Fadal 4020 with side mount tool carousel, Fanuc Controlled

The air pressure going into the CNC is at 100 PSI and out of the second regulator is at 90PSI.

Checked for broken air lines to the pneumatic cylinder, that lifts up to flip the bucket, and all seems good.

Cleaned the track and pinch points around the bucket flip down mechanism from any chips or debris, still it does not drop straight down without a nudge.

Here is the Youtube link - it has sound if that will help. https://youtu.be/9-dDNLoFd4g

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have to babysit this machine on every tool change.

Thank you in advance.
Check your exhaust stone. you have something blocking the exhaust and its acting as a cushion/ brake.

If it's unusually cold in your shop when it happens, it could be grease that's thickened up due to the temperature. My Haas side-mount was doing the same thing with the shop temp at ~45F.

Back