Fadal 4525 / Fanuc 18i MB5 how to reset turret position??
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fadal 4525 / Fanuc 18i MB5 how to reset turret position??

Hi folks,

First time poster, longtime reader, and newbie metalworking guy...

I've got a Fadal 4525 that I've been using, and last week during a tool change it paused, as though it was going to change the correct tool, then the turret continued rotating, and ended up two pots away from where it was supposed to be (machine thinks it's pot 1 and it's on pot 3).

I pulled the turret cover, didn't see much in the way of debris on either proximity sensor back there (but there could have been a chip on one when it skipped two pots, as I blew air in there before I pulled the cover off). Anyway, the turret is clean now and I pulled all the tools and reloaded them so they work, albeit in the wrong pots... but everything is working ok, the machine isn't wise to what pot the turret is actually on.

I see a proximity sensor on the back side of one of the spokes of the turret, so I imagine that the machine can sense that and know what position the turret is at one of the 24 pots... but I'm not sure when it checks that...

What I'm wondering is, how do I "reset" the turret... so when the machine calls for pot 1, it actually rotates to pot 1 and not pot 3? I've seen posts about certain parameters, etc. but I haven't found one specific to the 18i-MB5...

Thanks in advance,
    -Norm.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have to say to the machine where is the pot1. Rotate the turret to pot1 and set tool 1. On my fadal with fanuc the code is "setto".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the reply, ChrisBed.

As I said, I'm a newbie to this... are you typing "setto" in MDI, and is that the exact syntax, or do you have to type an EOB or number after the "setto"? What Fanuc controller are you using?

Thanks,
    -Norm.