What's new
What's new

Fadal 4th axis brake question

ripperj

Stainless
So I added a VH-65 to my VMC 20. I ended up having to add the inhibit board that turns the servo off when the brake is on.

So my question is: I assume the brake should be on when machining? The brake can be turned on/off with M60/61

I believe there is an Auto brake parameter that will turn the brake on after 75 seconds. Seems like you would want the brake on right before machining.

I was going to have the post processor modified to add the M codes before and after any A axis moves ie
M61 A90 M60

Any reason why I shouldn’t do this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think you need the M61's. We just use M60 after every A-Axis move. The brake automatically releases when the control reads the next A-Axis move.
But yeah we use M60 after every A-Axis move. Never used M61 within the program and never had any problems.

Ok thanks, the guy that modded my post added the M61 , can’t hurt I suppose.
Thanks for the reply

FWIW,We have had ours for a long, time. The only time we use m60 is for milling. It does fine for drilling and tapping just using A.

FWIW,We have had ours for a long, time. The only time we use m60 is for milling. It does fine for drilling and tapping just using A.

Good to know, thx. I guess it makes sense with no side loads

Back