What's new
What's new

hyundai kia vx400

lakey0

Aluminum
We just picked up 2 used 2007 vx400's. Fanuc Oi-mc. Trying to get first machine going. Tried a tool change and it stopped with the tool change arm rotated to the spindle and errored there. Not sure if the spindle wouldn't unclamp? Tool pocket is currently up. How do I recover this? I can't enter anything in MDI. The Z is not homed out. Manual tells me to hit start cycle and magazine select button to get into recovery mode, but doesn't seem to work?

Any tips? Can the arm be rotated back to position manually?

Thanks

...Can the arm be rotated back to position manually?
Climb up and look. There should be a provision for a wrench on the shaft to crank it by hand. You have to release the brake first, look for a lever on the side.

We just picked up 2 used 2007 vx400's. Fanuc Oi-mc. Trying to get first machine going. Tried a tool change and it stopped with the tool change arm rotated to the spindle and errored there. Not sure if the spindle wouldn't unclamp? Tool pocket is currently up. How do I recover this? I can't enter anything in MDI. The Z is not homed out. Manual tells me to hit start cycle and magazine select button to get into recovery mode, but doesn't seem to work?

Any tips? Can the arm be rotated back to position manually?

Thanks

We have the same machine, sadly I can't recall the procedure and our operator is gone for the day, he knows it. I do think it's a combination of buttons, then you go into MDI and do an M32 or something like that to move the pot up/down.
I'll see if I can find our book.

Our machine I think is also a 2007 and still runs like a champ, replaced the spindle last year, but other than that, zero issues.

Climb up and look. There should be a provision for a wrench on the shaft to crank it by hand. You have to release the brake first, look for a lever on the side.

If there is a way to do this, I don't see it?!?

Found our book, this is the procedure we use:

View attachment 262575

Thanks for finding that. Appreciate the help! I found that procedure as well. I was doing it wrong before apparently and just now got it to move the arm. So now it is swung into position to take a tool out of the spindle. I hit Z- and I can hear a click, the solenoid? clicking like its telling it to eject the tool. But nothing happens, just that click. No sound of air, nothing.

thoughts?

Thanks for finding that. Appreciate the help! I found that procedure as well. I was doing it wrong before apparently and just now got it to move the arm. So now it is swung into position to take a tool out of the spindle. I hit Z- and I can hear a click, the solenoid? clicking like its telling it to eject the tool. But nothing happens, just that click. No sound of air, nothing.

thoughts?

Our machine doesn't use air during the tool change. Not sure what the click is.

20190807_082347.jpg20190807_082408.jpg

This is where it's at. When I go through the procedure, only thing that will work is hitting Z+ to, try to clamp spindle. And that's when I hear that click. So for some reason it is stuck open? And the unclamp light is on as you can see in the picture. Not sure but that seemed to be the issue from the start, why it wouldn't complete the first tool change and arm got stuck.

So we were able to get everything back in order and running properly. Got tool change arm back to home position by turning the motor.

The cause of the problem, why it wouldn't do the tool change and got stuck.......:wall: never noticed that machine was wired wrong and the hydraulic pump wasn't working. :sulk:

Thanks for help

*just curious with these machines, is it standard that the flood coolant is 1 line coming from by the spindle and is hardly any pressure? Both of the machines we got look set up the same.

*just curious with these machines, is it standard that the flood coolant is 1 line coming from by the spindle and is hardly any pressure? Both of the machines we got look set up the same.

Check the pipes coming out of the pump, there might be a valve there. Maybe it's partially closed?
Ours has a lever type valve and we keep it wide open. The pressure is normal for flood coolant I would say.
OR maybe the impellers on your pumps need to be cleaned?

So I had a freak thing happen to me lately with a coolant pump. Machine phase direction was correct and I got coolant flowing at a really low pressure when it should not have been pumping at all!! direction on pump was wrong, took a while to figure out that the pump phases were wrong even though the machine was correct.

Maybe check that.

Back