What's new
What's new

Fadal 6030 Handwheel Movement Jerky

hrhoward

Plastic
Hello,

Working on a Fadal 6030, 32MP.
Jogging with the keyboard everything moves smooth without issues.
With the handwheel (0.01) it's pretty jerky.
Do I need to fiddle with the amp adjustments or is there a parameter that tells it to calm down?
Scales on X & Y.

Thanks,
H.R.

Hello,

Working on a Fadal 6030, 32MP.
Jogging with the keyboard everything moves smooth without issues.
With the handwheel (0.01) it's pretty jerky.
Do I need to fiddle with the amp adjustments or is there a parameter that tells it to calm down?
Scales on X & Y.

Thanks,
H.R.

handle wheel is jerky cause its on .010 increments so it moves incremntal.
the jog on key board is continuous.
dont touch a thing its working properly

Not normal pulsing. Spin the handwheel, axis will move some, stop, jerk, move, etc... Kinda like a drunk stumbling down the street. Handwheel movement is relatively steady.

just had an issue similar on the z axis. If you would spin slowly no issues. But if you really spun it, the axis would bounce. but only in the z- direction. Turned out to be the motor. 97 AC machine. might try swapping x/y motors and see if issue follows.

If the motion is the same in X and Y with the hand wheel, the problem is with the handwheel.

Could be a bad cord, giving intermittent signal pulses or else a bad handwheel encoder. Cord most likely.

When you are in .001 and .0001, does the axis move by the correct increment every time?

It does not take much of missed pulse to create a jerking motion in .01.

If you had an axis amplifier issue, you would only see the problem on that axis. You have the issue on all three and the keyboard motion works fine. The handwheel and cord are the only common denominator.

Weren't all 6030's limited to 400ipm?

On my lathe, the rapids are limited to 400ipm, and if I spin the handwheel in .010" pulses,
it will error out. I never "spin" on that machine anymore.

I wonder if the Fadal is just getting confused on a spin since it might be trying to exceed
its max feedrate.

Not normal pulsing. Spin the handwheel, axis will move some, stop, jerk, move, etc... Kinda like a drunk stumbling down the street. Handwheel movement is relatively steady.

understand now.

this could be a long shot, but you could have a broken resolver coupler.. those will do the same thing, you can usually tell if its not repeating to the same position every time after going one direction than the other.

understand now.

this could be a long shot, but you could have a broken resolver coupler.. those will do the same thing, you can usually tell if its not repeating to the same position every time after going one direction than the other.

A broken resolver coupling would only affect the axis that it was on. The OP said it is on all three axis the same degree.

What happens if you slowly move the handwheel in .01? Is it smoother or just as jerky

A broken resolver coupling would only affect the axis that it was on. The OP said it is on all three axis the same degree.

What happens if you slowly move the handwheel in .01? Is it smoother or just as jerky

Just saw that in post #6.

Thats kinda bizarre its on all 3 and only in .010 mode. only 2 axis have glass scales so wouldnt be that.
wondering if he has a power issue?

Back