What's new
What's new

Fadal alarm at 99,000 lines of code - N word exceeds 99,999

Ewindward

Plastic
We are drip feeding from a calmotion usb to our fadal and get an alarm - N word exceeds 99,999. Is there anyway around this? I am thinking about editing the post to increment line numbers by .1 instead of 1 (ex. N1.1 N1.2 N1.3 etc.) is this possible? Any other suggestions or recommendations? This machine has a -4 processor if that makes a difference. Breaking down programs and babysitting is a huge PITA. We typically program in Fusion360 but also have Mastercam available. I find it hard to believe the machine cant handle more than 99,999 lines especially when drip feeding but then again, its a fadal...:angry:

thanks for the info on the .1 line numbers I am going to give that a try. I run the machine fanuc style but now that you say that, I have never tried running a program without line numbers, I will definitely try that as well.

I run format 2 I’ve ran lots of programs no telling how big I’ve never seen anything come up must be a setting somewhere
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I run format 2 I’ve ran lots of programs no telling how big I’ve never seen anything come up must be a setting somewhere
Don

Are you drip feeding? I dont have a manual for the machine but maybe i should find one online and see if its a parameter.

Cd,10 enter then type DNCX,file name dotNCthen plus sign
Hope that helps from a calmotiin box
Don

Yeah thats what we are using as well, same format. Very interesting you dont get the same alarm. If you dont mind me asking what model fadal is it?

Call calmotion ask for glen decausin his dad was part of Fadal he definitely knows his shit about a fadal he can tell you the truth about it
Don

It’s not the control I’ve surfaced for 17 hours straight drip feeding it’s never gave a alarm for me
Don

I only use line numbers at toolchanges. With 10,000+ line computer generated programs you're not going to be restarting in the middle of a tool anyway. In Mastercam you can click "force toolchange" if you want to separate a cut for dialing in or checking the cutter. I have a program close to 100,000 lines that goes up to N29.

It’s not the control I’ve surfaced for 17 hours straight drip feeding it’s never gave a alarm for me
Don

Yup, literally just got done a surfacing path that was a touch over 56 hours.
I have my post restart line numbering at 50000.
Figure, IF I have a problem, I can find which line inside of those 50K I need to restart at.

Biggest issue I have is with NCFadal. If I dont move the dnc window once inside every 24hr block, the program itself crashes and leaves the machine hanging at the last line in the buffer.

Might looks into an alternative, but Ive been very happy with ncfadal aside from that.
In the 1000's of drip feed hours, not one oopsie move.

What mhajicek said, I don't understand why you need line numbers. Yes I'll have them at tool changes and no more. When I write macros I always optimize for speed by removing all redundant code bits. Maybe I'm missing something.

Our Fadal runs Format 2 and it won’t DNC a file from a USB (Calmotion USB reader) unless there are line numbers. What is the trick?

Yup, literally just got done a surfacing path that was a touch over 56 hours.
I have my post restart line numbering at 50000.
Figure, IF I have a problem, I can find which line inside of those 50K I need to restart at.

Biggest issue I have is with NCFadal. If I dont move the dnc window once inside every 24hr block, the program itself crashes and leaves the machine hanging at the last line in the buffer.

Might looks into an alternative, but Ive been very happy with ncfadal aside from that.
In the 1000's of drip feed hours, not one oopsie move.

For some reason I couldn't get NCFadal to drip feed.

OneDNC (free) from OneCNC worked ok for drip feeding, so that's what I use.

Not the same control, but my Fagor has a 9,999 line number limit. Whe I drip feed, I have the post assign the same number to each line, N1. The control does not care.

Bill

Back