What's new
What's new

Fadal Soft Limit Issues

TJHell

Plastic
I am extremely new to cnc. I recently purchased a 1998 Fadal 15xt with the 88HS.

For some reason the X axis only moves 8 inches each way before the machine enters E-stop. If I set home in a different location, the 8 inches +/- is for that new location.

For the life of me I can not find out anything about setting soft limits anywhere. I can't find anything in setp that seems out of place. The correct axis limits are selected.

I have to be completely missing something.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

I am extremely new to cnc. I recently purchased a 1998 Fadal 15xt with the 88HS.

For some reason the X axis only moves 8 inches each way before the machine enters E-stop. If I set home in a different location, the 8 inches +/- is for that new location.

For the life of me I can not find out anything about setting soft limits anywhere. I can't find anything in setp that seems out of place. The correct axis limits are selected.

I have to be completely missing something.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

using the SETP command you've either selected the wrong travels for the machine, or you might have selected the wrong leadscrew. If as you say have selected the correct travels, it's likely you've selected the wrong leadscrew. For that machine it's probably metric.

using the SETP command you've either selected the wrong travels for the machine, or you might have selected the wrong leadscrew. If as you say have selected the correct travels, it's likely you've selected the wrong leadscrew. For that machine it's probably metric.

The axis control cards have jumpers that set the limits(EDIT: the axis). On some its dip switches, on some its actualy physical wires.

Pull your X and Y and take a look, somebody probably swapped them and never put them back.

ITS, I'm pretty sure has a cheat sheet for the proper jumpers on each control card. Probably also
in the manual, just harder to find. Let me eat some dinner, and if nobody has found it yet, I'll
dig for it.

Axis Boards 1010-1, 1010-4 and 1010-5 at the J4 Jumper Block are as follows:
Slot 9- X 1010 Axis Controller - Normal X axis (jumper 5 to 12, 7 to 10, 8 to 9 with all else open)

Slot 10- Y Axis Controller (jumper 5 to 12, 6 to 11, 8 to 9 with all else open)

Slot 11- Z Axis Controller (jumper 8 to 9 with all else open)

From here

PCB1010 - Genuine Fadal Circuit Boards

even has pics so you know what 5 to 12 and 6 to 11 even mean.

Back