What's new
What's new

Fadal Spindle Drive...Which one?????

slowtwitch

Plastic
Hello Folks, First of all, I hope everyone had a great Christmas :) The wife and I enjoyed our grandson's first Christmas. Definitely a memorable and happy day.

Now on to my query, As luck would have, I went to machine some parts. On startup, I heard a pop and the machine went down. After a bunch of testing and double checking, I found that the spindle drive has failed me. I did some research and decided to remove the drive (an AMC drive)and poke around a bit.

I took the drive apart and found that one of the IGBT's went south. I removed the suspect IGBT and tested it and sure enough, it was bad. I was somewhat excited, as this would have been a cheap and easy fix. But as luck would have it, as I was cleaning the board, I found another area with blown components. I could easily replace them, but, I cannot see any markings on these smd components. The key one being a transistor. There are six of them and niether one have markings.

Anyway, I need the machine running and I decided on a new drive. My question is....which one ???? The main Fadal parts suppliers carry Glentek, Yaskawa, Balder, and AMC. Is one brand more reliable??? Which one is easiest to service????

Btw, the Fadal is a 3016L

Thanks in advance!!!!

pete

I would call AMC and see how quickly they can repair the drive, assuming it can be repaired.

Or call one of the Fadal supply places Fadalcnc or ITS, if your wanting to get up and running quickly it's probably going to come down to who has what in stock and how quickly they can ship it to you.

Back