What's new
What's new

Fadal Spindle RPM defaulting to 2500

JearBear

Plastic
Hey Everyone, I've got an issue with a 1999 Fadal 3016 88HS, 10k Spindle. For the life of me I can't figure this one out.

When I input a spindle command for S9702.1, the belts will change and the spindle will only spin up to 2500. If I go above or below this spindle speed, say 9702.09 or 9702.11, the belts will change to the higher end and I'll get the correct spindle speed. I know this can be avoided by just avoiding the 9702.1 spindle speed, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experience this or might know what's going on.

I use Fusion for all my CAM and sometimes that's the spindle speed in the program and I miss it, so I'd like to not break any more tools :angry:

Only repairs I've done for spindle related items are replacing the hydraulic idlers that change the belts. They were leaking air and hissing all the time.

-TJ

You can't use decimal places on a spindle speed. Whole #'s only.

The only thing a decimal will do after a spindle speed is to force it
into gear with X.1 and X.2

You are forcing the spindle into 1st gear(9702.1), which is limited to 2500rpm.

You can't use decimal places on a spindle speed. Whole #'s only.

The only thing a decimal will do after a spindle speed is to force it
into gear with X.1 and X.2

You are forcing the spindle into 1st gear(9702.1), which is limited to 2500rpm.

Bob, thanks for the response. That makes alot more sense, I figured it wasn't a mechanical problem. I'll see if I can adjust my post processor to not output decimal places for the spindle speed. Otherwise, I'll just keep a better eye out for the spindle speeds in the program.

Thank you!

You can assign a spindle speed to a particular tool number in Fusion, and that’s what it will use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bob, thanks for the response. That makes alot more sense, I figured it wasn't a mechanical problem. I'll see if I can adjust my post processor to not output decimal places for the spindle speed. Otherwise, I'll just keep a better eye out for the spindle speeds in the program.

Thank you!

Forcing into a gear is kind of handy if you are running small tools at lower RPMs, keeps the actual
motor running slower, and that can keep things a bit quieter. You can use it with your edge finder
too, you really don't need the torque there. Just tell it 1100.2 or whatever your preferred RPM is.
Doesn't seem to work on Wye-Delta machines.

You can assign a spindle speed to a particular tool number in Fusion, and that’s what it will use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did not know about that. I will definitely be doing that in the future. Thanks.

Back