What's new
What's new

Fadal VMC 4020; repairing, replacing parts & questions.

Collect.Create

Plastic
please excuse me if this is in the wrong thread, Im new to posting around here.

I have a fadal vmc 4020 (906-1) we are doing a spindle rebuild on.

we have to change out the pulley on spindle side (part # pul-0018)
due to the indexing seat being worn and the solenoid not being able to engage the bearing without manual assistance.

Problem #1:
i cannot find the part pul-0018 anywhere. especially that ships to canada. Ive been told that pul-0020N would work by a parts supplier here but when the part came in it has a few different dimensions that concern me, this part is for a thru coolant spindle which mine is not. my question is will this part work? if not is there a parts supplier someone can point to toward?

Problem #2:
on the panel, i have issues with the feed and rapid knobs, feed stays 100% even when trying to toggle, rapid stays 100% also when trying to toggle. As you can imagine this is a nightmare for first off parts and i have to alter programming a little to put in safe guards to avoid a possible catastrophe. how do i go about fixing this issue?

Thanks for your time, any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

-W

I found the answer to the pulley question,
pul 0018 has been discontinued replaced by
pul-0097 and pul-0020N. Both these part numbers are the same, i am not sure why the part numbers differ.

as for the feed and rapid toggle knob, i am still at a loss on how to go about fixing this issue.

I found the answer to the pulley question,
pul 0018 has been discontinued replaced by
pul-0097 and pul-0020N. Both these part numbers are the same, i am not sure why the part numbers differ.

as for the feed and rapid toggle knob, i am still at a loss on how to go about fixing this issue.

There is a G or M code that locks out the spindle and feed over ride knobs. I don't know if its modal.
I'd look it up right now for you... But.. The work thing.

I think it is M48 / M49 to activate the pots. If that doesn't work, they may be broken.
FadalCNC and ITS probably both carry the parts.

Back