What's new
What's new

fadal vmc 4020 x-axis motor overload

A1Eng

Plastic
Hi there everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this type of error before?
It's a fadal vmc 4020
We have had this machining centre for approximately 8 months, been going well, then
stopped mid cycle! Now comes up with Emergency stop error #1 on the screen??
We had a technician come in and have a look to no avail, thought this could be a way
to spread the word and see if anyone else has seen or encountered this?
Thanks for your time
Jay

There was another post about a 4020, that in the Z axis would fault out and he found out that the springs on the Brushes for the motor were messed up.

I would suggest checking them out, it doesn't take much just have to take off the one way cover covering the motor then there are plastic screw caps that are covering the brushes. Just unscrew them take a look at them then replace if necessary.

Depending on your year, You may not have brushes. 95 and up came with AC motors I believe. You probably have either a motor problem or an amplifier problem. All three motors and all three amps are interchangable. Use this handy fact to swap out parts and see if the problem follows.

What feedrate were you running when it faulted? If I run over 100IPM on my Fadal VCM15 I sometimes get random Y axis motor overloads, still haven't worked out why...

Back