What's new
What's new

Fadec?

camadella

Plastic
Hi,

I read a year or so ago about Dave de Caussin and his new company, Fadec Engineering. I think they used to even have a web site, and they were making what looked like a neat little CNC machine called the UMC10 or something to that effect.

Is that company still around? I can find some old facebook posts about it, and a Google Plus page, but I can't seem to find their web site anymore, or any information about that machine.

Is there anyone out there who knows about them?

Thanks in advance,

CC

They showed off their stuff and disappeared.

The website goes to 404, the twitter or facebook has no updates, no new videos... They look super DOA to me.

How do you fuck that up? They had a fully functional machine up and running... Why wouldn't you follow through and make the stupid thing?

They showed off their stuff and disappeared.

The website goes to 404, the twitter or facebook has no updates, no new videos... They look super DOA to me.

How do you fuck that up? They had a fully functional machine up and running... Why wouldn't you follow through and make the stupid thing?

Supposedly there are a few out in the wild, even. A couple videos on Vimeo and YouTube that aren't through the company. No idea why they flaked. Sucks though. They could've given a few companies a run for their money I think.

Well, surprised as punch I was to see this last night:

Pretty cool. Doesn't look very sturdy for professional environment, but looks tremendous for the home hobby shop or retired person making extra cash in his garage. Would like to have seen it running.

The way he tells it on the video, his brother was the "meat" behind ordering parts and pushing manufacturing through, while Dave was the "potatoes" on the design end. Maybe if his brother was still taking care of getting the machines built, we would not all be wondering when or if the new machines would ever be mass produced. I guess 1 or 2 million bucks and a gaggle of employees to make a hundred of them don't just "fall from heaven". :D

Cool little machine.

Am I crazy or does it seem like he might have loaded the tool changer with shots of Tequila that day?

I'm sure every job shop in the country is going to buy one of those.

"We had this big business making machine tools, then we fucked it all up. But now I'm making videos showing these machines I assemble in my garage. Want to buy one before I croak?"

That's what I got from the video.

I believe the whole thing went down the toilet last I talked to Daves grandson, about 4 months ago. The grandson had 10-12 mills in his shop that were in the assy process and they were working on a small lathe as well. Maybe inquire with Larry DeCaussin (Calmotion) as to what is happening with Daves project.

Back