What's new
What's new

Fagor 8040 help

windsormw

Aluminum
I have a 2 axis cnc knee mill gentlemen . I also know very little about cnc but the time has come ( or so I am telling myself ) to learn how to use it .

I have a customer that needs a circular pocket about the size of a hockey puck machined in aluminum.

I think I have all the correct data filled in but I am receiving an alarm " 1087 circle with zero radius "

The book talks about tool compensation for this alarm but I can't find a screen regarding tool compensation. Perhaps it could be something else

I'm as green as grass , any ideas

Regards
Scott

I don't have experience with the milling fagor but have quite a bit with the turning. When I started it gave up the weirdest errors that the manual didn't help much with. But once you get the hang of it, it sure is a great control to use on the conversational side.

I suspect that on your tooling screen where you set your tool registry that you have something entered wrong. Either that or in your program itself your diameter of the part is incorrect. Take a pic of both screens and post them up here. I am sure that one of us will be able to fault find for you.

Also you can use hand coding on your machine. That is what the "ISO" button (if I remember properly) is for. I haven't found much use for it on my lathe except for the odd safety position move but for a mill I am sure it will come in handy. There are a few guys on here that speak "Fagor G-code" because some of the codes differ from your Fanuc style.

If it were hand written gcode, I was going to suggest that your arc center format was probably messed up, as various systems are designed with Absolute or incremental arc centers.

But if it were a pocketing routine (as it sounds) then tool diameter would matter. Don't know the screens but there needs to be a tool data screen, likely where tool offset data is stored, and there should be a column (or an additional screen in that area) for the tool diameter associated with a particular tool number. It likely won't be called tool compensation exactly, but that is where it gets its info from.

Back