Fagor 8050M PLC editing
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fagor 8050M PLC editing

I bought a Realmeca C2 with a Fagor 8050 and a dead battery recently. Fortunately, it had a floppy with the original parameters and PLC program. I got all the stuff loaded back in the control, after much fiddling with line termination and RS232 cables, but am now facing logic problems getting things to "start" when the green "power on" button is pressed. I believe the 8050 has some nice PLC logic debugging and editing functions, as I saw menus for these many times while trying to get the PLC_PRG file loaded correctly. Once I got it loaded and compiled successfully, though, and saved to the EEPROM, all those PLC menus disappeared. I've only seen them once since, when I accidentally glitched the 24VDC to the control. I can delete the PLC_PRG file and upload a new version, but only the original one stored in EEPROM after my first successful load seems to execute.

So, my question is how is one supposed to enable the PLC editing menus normally? Glitching the control power does not seem like a good idea in general. I've got both the OEM setup manual and the operator's manual for the 8050, and they talk about the PLC editing menus, but not how to make them appear.

Thanks,
    -- Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

These guys may be able to help. They are Fagor distributors. Been very helpful to me.

Apollo Machine Tool Services - Apollo Machine Tool Services, Inc.

Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another vote for Apollo. One things for certain with Fagor controls. Nothing about them or the printed instructions is clear or intuitive. And customer support from US entities is dismal. Anytime I've ever called Fagor US the most help they could offer was "read the manual".