What's new
What's new

Fagor 8055 parameter how feed rate of rotational axes is interpreted?

vettespeed

Plastic
Hi,
Working on a post processor to work for a 5 axis gantry Motion Master router & also a 5 axis gantry DMS router, both have Fagor 8055 controls and using TCP (Tool Center Point).

During B/C rotations, I am often getting servo/following errors. Not surprised as these rotations are currently coded with G0 (rapid) moves and occurring very fast.

I want to slow them down by commanding a G1 and a feed rate. I tried G1 F7000. on the DMS and it worked great, I'm assuming this code is commanding 7000 degrees/minute. When I take this same code to the Motion Master, the rotation(s) still occur way too fast. I must reduce it down to about F100. for the rotation speed to be similar to the DMS commanded at F7000.

I'm assuming there might be a parameter that defines how this rotational feed rate is interpreted. Degrees/minute on one machine vs. maybe inches/minute? I can't seem to find a parameter that defines this however?

Anyone know of a parameter I might check that is likely set differently between the two machines that defines how a rotational feed rate is interpreted?
OR
Any other ideas that could help me resolve my issue still allowing me to use one post processor for both machines?

Thank You

Attachments

• Motion Master_5 AXIS router.jpg
    Motion Master_5 AXIS router.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DMS_5 AXIS Router.jpg
    DMS_5 AXIS Router.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 60
Is there not a parameter on a Fagor 8055 that defines how feed rates on rotational axes is interpreted? Anyone?
Thanks.

I am not sure about those machines or Fagor but on a Fanuc, Seimens, Haas and HH you would program with a normal feed rate while using TCP. If not using TCP, then you would program using Inverse Time and your post is responsible for generating the proper feed rate. Could be something different between the 2 machines.

I am not sure about those machines or Fagor but on a Fanuc, Seimens, Haas and HH you would program with a normal feed rate while using TCP. If not using TCP, then you would program using Inverse Time and your post is responsible for generating the proper feed rate. Could be something different between the 2 machines.

I need to clarify a little more. No problems during cutting motion. The problem occurs during positioning moves. When rotations occur between tool paths, the motion of all axes trying to move is just too fast as currently commanded with "rapids". TCP is on during these "positioning" rotations so the rotations are more predictable with more awareness of the tool tip. I simply want to program these B/C rotations with a feed rate, but the two machines are producing very different actual feed rates when programmed with the same feed commands. I'm looking for a common parameter that may be set differently on these two machines so I can make them behave the same.

Back