What's new
What's new

Fagor 8055TC offsets

GG917

Plastic
Hi all,

New to the forum, I hope someone can help me with something bugging me on a fagor 8055TC control. This is a new control to me, I used to work on Fanuc before.

Here the thing: when calibrating tool, centerline tools have a non-zero value in X offset ("geometry" in fanuc). Previously on fanuc I used to work on for centerline tools it was zero, if not I could put it to zero be resetting the "G ext", like after a crash (yeah been there....). On fagor I cannot find how to do that, I tried a similar procedure but the offset for centerline tools still have a non-zero value. Does someone know how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Are you using conversational or g-code?

In g-code mode with offsets active(D=offset number you want to use ): jog screen/"tool calibrate" soft key button / "X" button. Enter whatever value you want(measured diameter of test cut, indicated tool on centerline, whatever). press yellow enter button, press "load x axis" button. Done

Don't worry about the X value in the tables, that will drive you nuts..

Thanks for your reply Alphonso. I'm using the machine in conversational mode (one-off parts and very small runs of parts). The procedure you describe is the same in conversational, I have indicated a drill on centerline but it gave me a negative value for the X offset.

I know the value for the X tool offset doesn't really matter but it's mostly for convenience that I'd like to have the centerline tools with "0" as their X offset. The machine has a small 8 tools turret and only two for either drills or internal tools. So when going back to a drill after having used a boring bar in that tool position it's easier to remember drill=X0 for the X offset.

I have looked into Fagor manuals but they do not describe of the set the part origin relative to a centerline tool.

I know the value for the X tool offset doesn't really matter but it's mostly for convenience that I'd like to have the centerline tools with "0" as their X offset. The machine has a small 8 tools turret and only two for either drills or internal tools. So when going back to a drill after having used a boring bar in that tool position it's easier to remember drill=X0 for the X offset.

I don't think you can do that. Is X home/reference position as far from centerline as possible? On my machines that position is X0 when D = 0. Thus, when the tool is at centerline the X offset value is going to be negative. In fact the X offset for all the tools on my machines are negative numbers.

I think what you will have to settle for is to set a tool on centerline and record the x value in the table and manually enter it whenever you load a centerline tool. Eventually, you will memorize the number, like I have memorized the tool height on one of my machines that uses Aloris tool post/holders:11.720 on height gage.

That's what I tought, you confirmed it. All the offset are negative numbers, I have stored the x values for centerline tool in offset we don't use (D51 for D01 etc...). Just not as conveniant as have X=0 for centerline tools but I'll keep it that way. After all it works this way!

Another way to keep your centerline tool positions, for example, would be to set and always useT5 D5 for centerline tool and T5 D "whatever" for boring bar. I make a part that gets a hole drilled with an inserted drill that also bores the hole: T4 D4 to drill, T4 D14 to bore.

So if I am understanding you properly you want to use a drill and bore with it?

How I do it in the conversational part is tell it to drill at the drill diameter. Lets say that it is a 16mm drill, you tell it to drill at X16.0 because theoretically that is it's X0.0 on it's centre line. Then you can use it to bore with the same offset in a boring cycle without issue.

Just use the cut,measure, tool offset page, x, recall, system to set the tool offsets and use it as I said above. It would be easier that way than having to remember to put in T5 D "whatever" rather than T5 D5 in the cycles.

The problem is not to drill and bore with the same tool (I do that very often due to low inventory of inserted drills!) but to set the centerline tools with x=0 as their X offset. Currently they have a negative value, I would prefer having them at zero in X offset in the tool page.

Back