What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0-mc not showing some of the parameters

VinH

Plastic
Hello everyone

I have an old 3-axis mill with Fanuc 0-MC control. I can set parameters without problem, but some parameters listed in the parameter manual are not visible in my control. For example there is a gap between 3139 and 8100, another gap between 8399 and 9000 and few other gaps.

Does anybody know how to make all parameters visible ? Am I missing some option or special setting ?

This typically has to do with your hardware configuration and firmware version. For example parameters starting at 8400 would be related to servo parameters for a 4th axis. N/A to your 3 axis machine. 6200 series would be for a serial spindle interface. You likely have a discrete digital spindle interface.

Is there a specific parameter that you think is applicable to your machine that you can not access?

You might be right. I checked it with parameter manual of the machine and it seems the missing parameters are also not in manual, so they are not existing.
I wanted to check parameter 3202 to unlock O9000..., because parameter 0010#4 does not work for me, although its described in manual.

If you want to expose parameters 8400, and onward: Go to parameter 907, and choose bit 3. Change it to a 1. This will enable the additional axis, and open up access to the 8400 parameters.

If you want to expose parameters 8400, and onward: Go to parameter 907, and choose bit 3. Change it to a 1. This will enable the additional axis, and open up access to the 8400 parameters.

This may be true but you should mention that there is risk involved. Not all options is it as simple as changing 0 to 1. Some options require additional hardware or firmware and there is a possibility you could turn the machine into a boat anchor.

Brent

Last edited:
Yes, that is true, I should have mentioned that. Brent, would you happen to have a lead on any NC parameters for a FANUC O-MC? Specifically, it's a Mitsubishi gear hobber. Model GB15CNC.

Thank You

Many of the parameters will be very specific to that machine. Unless you find someone with an identical machine to get them from, you should try getting them from the manufacturer.

Yes, I do understand this. Manufacturer can't seem to assist us, as this machine is about 25 years old, and they probably don't archive parameters for something this old. FANUC can't seem to help either. The machine lost it's parameters while sitting in storage. Batteries went down. I'm hoping someone with the same machine will see this, and be able to assist.

Back