What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0iMD program check screen

GENERALDISARRAY

Hot Rolled
"new" machine
Does anyone know how to enable the program check screen? I searched through the parameter manual, and saw the screen referenced several times, but nothing on how to get it to show up with a soft key.

Not saying it can't be, but never saw one without, though I do have an i series lathe that gives me a screen where along with machine coordinates I have a Distance To Go section and off in the corner a table of active G and M codes. Just like you'd see on a Check screen. Thing is I don't think it's even called a check screen. It's just a screen that shows up with one of a few possible pushes of the Program button in Auto mode. Maybe I missed the Check label. This lathe is also new-ish to me.

Did you try the right and left soft arrows at the bottom of the screen while in Auto and Program?

You might try digging up an Operations Manual, That usually shows all possible screens.

On all my i series controls, pressing the PRGRM softkey while in auto mode cycles between program check and full screen program. Probably pressing the program key cycles through them too, idk.

Not saying it can't be, but never saw one without, though I do have an i series lathe that gives me a screen where along with machine coordinates I have a Distance To Go section and off in the corner a table of active G and M codes. Just like you'd see on a Check screen. Thing is I don't think it's even called a check screen. It's just screen that shows up with one of a few possible pushes of the Program button in Auto mode. Maybe I missed the Check label. This lathe is also new-ish to me.

Did you try the right and left soft arrows at the bottom of the screen while in Auto and Program?

You might try digging up an Operations Manual, That usually shows all possible screens.

Looks like we posted simultaneously :)

The screen you describe is what I would call the program check screen, it's more or less the same information with more or less the same layout as the screen that's brought up with the CHECK softkey on my older non-i O.

I believe you want the "operating monitor" screen. No longer called "check".
3111B5=1

Other things of interest:
3108B6=1
3111B7=0
3117B0=1 for 8.4" display
3192B7=1 for 10.4" display
3124 to 3127

I believe you want the "operating monitor" screen. No longer called "check".
3111B5=1

Other things of interest:
3108B6=1
3111B7=0
3117B0=1 for 8.4" display
3192B7=1 for 10.4" display
3124 to 3127

The "operating monitor" screen is the one that is a subset of the position screen that has the digital load meters for all the spindles and axis servos. The softkey for that one is called "MONI".

To see the Program Check Screen...

PROGRAM display key. Press the PRGM soft key. You may have to press the < soft key to 'back out' of any soft-key menus, to see the PRGM soft-key. Works in Auto, MDI, or Edit modes.

To see the "monitor" screen...

POSITION display key. > soft key. MONI soft key. Will display all axis load monitors.

The "operating monitor" screen is the one that is a subset of the position screen that has the digital load meters for all the spindles and axis servos. The softkey for that one is called "MONI".

Actually, by turning on the parameters I posted will bring the load meters onto what you are calling the program check screen ;)
This way you can see the load meters, program, positions and active G/M codes all on one screen. It will also active #3006 user messages to pop up on the same screen.
But, yes, with these setting, by hitting the "monitor" button (on the same program screen)it will switch between spindle load and axis load meters on the same program screen. Hitting the "ALL will turnoff the load monitors and restore the machine position block which is turned of when hitting the "monitor" button. This is all done on the same screen with these settings. Very handy. Keep in mind that when you set these parameters you will now have a "monitor" button on both the program screen and the position screen. They are 2 different things with these settings.

To see the Program Check Screen...

PROGRAM display key. Press the PRGM soft key. You may have to press the < soft key to 'back out' of any soft-key menus, to see the PRGM soft-key. Works in Auto, MDI, or Edit modes.

To see the "monitor" screen...

POSITION display key. > soft key. MONI soft key. Will display all axis load monitors.

I was looking for the tree and missed the forest. Hunting For the softkey labeled check.

program softkey was it.

Back