What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0M / Spindle Problem

dexta

Aluminum
Gents Ladies.. Got the Kiti allmost up and running..
Could some good soul shed some light on this problem.. When S1000 command is issued.. the rotation on the VFD ( Old S series analog Fanuc Spindle 6S) displays 735.. means that there is a 1.25 difference .. It's linear.. any ideas?

Regards
Peetr

There are lots of ways a machine builder can manage spindle control. I'd start by verifying the settings of parameters 539 through 543.

There may also be PMC parameters used for spindle control. Often used to configure the ladder to suit the configuration of the machine. Those will be machine builder determined so you may need to contact your builder if you do not documentation for your ladder or PMC parameters.

I looked in my S series documentation and it shows a maximum motor speed for a 6S as 6000 rpm. You may have something newer than my manuals cover.

Last edited:
ok.. my bad.. lookslike the ROM in this PCB is the 9803.. and from what it's doing.. looks like it's locked at 6k.. ya pretty bad.. loosing 2k of production..

it was a scrap machine we bought for retrofit, but the 0M came up after battery replacement. it was missing the spindle drive board.. bought one on flee bay.. but didn;t know back then bout the ROM versions./. ( I supposed that they are all the same and only the params change based on the spindle size.. ) I was wrong .

ok gents.. it's now official.. need a new ROM for that units.. any one has the 9802 type for 2S spindle ?

Well looks like Fanuc is more efficient than ever.. ROm can be burned at small free , with allmost 24h turnaround. problem solved.. thank you all for support.

Cheers

Back