What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10m sr592 error?

crbrlfrost

Plastic
I've been a long time lurker, and was hoping someone had some insight to share with me. I just acquired a kitamura mycenter 1 with a fanuc 10m control with tape reader. I basically have the machine up and running, except that I cannot get it to run in automatic mode. I can get it to do anything in MDI, but when I try to run a program from memory it gives me an sr592 "end of record" error. Initially I was trying to run a program that was already in memory from the previous owner, simply as a test. Then I tried writing a little something at the control with the same result. If anyone has any ideas please do share, as I'm in the hunt for a stiff drink about now. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

End of record is end of file or end of program. Sounds like you don't have the program starting at the beginning. In EDIT mode, either press the REWIND softkey, or press RESET. The first line of the program should be at the top of the page.

If you've entered the program into memory by the RS-232 interface, make sure the first and last character of the program is %.

Possibly % where it should not be

Look for a % where it should not be:

5. SR 592 END OF RECORD
a. EOR (%) was specified halfway through a block.

I thought there may need to be a % at the beginning, especially on the program that was already in memory, but I can't seem to find a way to center one on the control, perhaps I'm going blind. I always try to start the program from the top line, but perhaps it needs a reset or rewind, I'll give it a shot. I don't see any odd %'s in the body of the program, and even then I would think it would error out when it got to it or close to it. This error pops up as soon as I hit the cycle start. Perhaps this control needs a % at the beginning of all programs (again, how do I enter one on the control, I don't see one in the shift functions..?). Thanks for the help so far!

-Mike

Still no luck on this one. Tried resetting in the edit mode, and the rewind, but still getting the same error. Could there be an interference with the tape reader (I've never run a machine with one before)?

Thanks again,
Mike

I thought there may need to be a % at the beginning, especially on the program that was already in memory, but I can't seem to find a way to center one on the control, perhaps I'm going blind. I always try to start the program from the top line, but perhaps it needs a reset or rewind, I'll give it a shot. I don't see any odd %'s in the body of the program, and even then I would think it would error out when it got to it or close to it. This error pops up as soon as I hit the cycle start. Perhaps this control needs a % at the beginning of all programs (again, how do I enter one on the control, I don't see one in the shift functions..?). Thanks for the help so far!

-Mike
Fanuc controls don't require a % at the beginning of the program, hence no % key to allow it to be written into a program in Edit Mode. When downloading a program from an external device, a % at the beginning is not required, only at the end of the program.

Given the machine has a Tape Reader, and therefore a Tape Mode, you could run a test to see if your problem is some issue with Memory Mode by trying a short program via DNC (drip feed). As you have just acquired this machine, you may not yet have a program transfer connection between machine and external device (PC); you will have to get that established first.

If you're unsure how to set up this connection, or how to run the machine via DNC, post back for explanation. If not already done, making this connection will not be wasted time, as there are clear advantages to having the ability to Up and Download to and from an external device.

Regards,

Bill

anglew,

Thanks for all the information. I would like to establish a DNC link, but at this point haven't. The machine doesn't have a "tape mode" on the control as such, but it has an RS-232C switch down in the tape reader cabinet with the settings "tape reader" and "ext system," along with the auto/release/manual mode switch next to it. I have a 9 to 25pin RS-232 null modem cable I am trying to use to establish a link. When I first tried to load a program I got a BG830 error. I'm not sure what that entails (I have the manuals on order, but they are taking their sweet time getting here). If you could give me some directions, and perhaps an address in which to ship beer, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

anglew,

Thanks for all the information. I would like to establish a DNC link, but at this point haven't. The machine doesn't have a "tape mode" on the control as such, but it has an RS-232C switch down in the tape reader cabinet with the settings "tape reader" and "ext system," along with the auto/release/manual mode switch next to it. I have a 9 to 25pin RS-232 null modem cable I am trying to use to establish a link. When I first tried to load a program I got a BG830 error. I'm not sure what that entails (I have the manuals on order, but they are taking their sweet time getting here). If you could give me some directions, and perhaps an address in which to ship beer, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Check and set the following parameters; note that bit numbers start at bit "0" at the extreme right and count to bit "7" at the extreme left.

TVC = 0 - bit 0
CTV = 1 - bit 1
ISP = 0 - bit 2
NCR = 1 - bit 3
EIA = 0 - bit 4

#0020 = 1
#0021 = 1
#0022 = 1
#0023 = 1
#5001 = 3
#5110 = 3
#5111 = 1
#5112 = Baud Rate (10 = 4800) - Starting point

Now to the error number and cable.

Are you sure the error is a BG error number? I can't remember ever encountering a BG error, but if it were a SR830 error it would make perfect sense, particularly if you get this error when trying to transfer a program.

SR830 indicates that that the Data Set Ready is Down. The DSR is a hardware handshaking line and even if you are using Software Handshaking, this pin must be set high at the machine end.

Setting parameter 5110 to 3 will set the machine for Software Handshaking (Xon Xoff), meaning that the Control will send DC1 (Ascii 17, Xon) and DC3 (Ascii 19, Xoff) to control the data flow. The cable needed for Software Handshaking only requires 3 wires, a data send, data receive, and a signal ground. There are derivations of the so called Null Modem cable, and a little time spent making sure that the pin out is correct can often save a lot of head scratching time. If you're able to take the Back Sheilds off the connectors, exposing the wires where they join to the pins of the connector, make sure that at least following pins are connected.

Machine End-------------------PC End
DB25 Male-------------------DB9 Female
2------------------------------2
3------------------------------3
| bridged

7------------------------------5

|
8 all bridged
|

The bridged pins of the connector at the machine end will keep the controls Uart happy and will stop the Data Set Ready is Down error occurring if my assumption that the BG830 is the same as the SR830. Your control has Background Editing; perhaps the BG has some reference to that and that your machine is in that mode. Background Editing is selected via a Soft Key accessed at the bottom of the CRT screen.

If the cable has moulded ends, the cable pin out can be checked using a Multi Meter.

At the PC end, your software needs to be set to equal the settings of the machine. Set the baud rate at 4800, 7 data bits, even parity, 1 stop bit and the handshake method to Xon Xoff, or Software, depending on how your software describes it.

You should be now set to go if the cable is correct. Start by trying to send a program from the control to the PC. If that is successful, try sending one to the control; remember to change the program number if sending the same program back. Sending a program having the same number as one already loaded, will result in an error, or the existing program being overwritten, depending on the setting of a parameter relating to this.

Try just communicating with the machine using Edit Mode at the control. Once communication with the machine has been successfully established, deal with the DNC then.

Post back with your result.

Regards,

Bill

Bill, thanks for the instructions. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy not sleeping and cranking out a job in 15-5 Stainless using handle jog and mdi. Right there is the definition of fun! But now I have a few days to dedicate to getting this thing squared away. I'll reply back once I get to go through all of the above!

Cheers!
Mike

You need to put an End of Block (semi-colon) after the M30 but before the percentage sign at the end of the program. Example: M30;%
Hope this helps.

You need to put an End of Block (semi-colon) after the M30 but before the percentage sign at the end of the program. Example: M30;%
Hope this helps.
Crikey! Thank god you chimed in. The poor bastard's fingers are worn down to the bone through splinters from scratching his head for the last 10 years.:D

I was just having a similar problem today on a 10M. Wore my fingers to the bone scratching my head.

I just started a new NC editor and it doesn't show the letter O and the number 0 as different colors like my old software did. I fat fingered the letter for the number and got SR592 over and over and over again until it hit me that maybe it was me, not the machine.

Shout out to Bill for sharing all this good info! I did find my parameters were setup wrong for handshaking so got that fixed!

Back