What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10m VCU issues

MachineWise

Plastic
Hey all, first post here. I was hoping some veterans with older fanuc controls may be able to help me out here. I recently Picked up a 1985 kitamura mycenter 1 and its been fantastic the last month. 3 days ago it threw an alarm after running about 7 hours, SV006 x axis vcu voltage too low. I checked the x axis vcu and the low voltage led was lit up. I turned off the machine, got it back on, and continued on my way for another hour until it threw the alarm again. I let it rest on sunday, and then for most of today all was fine. towards the end of my shift it threw the alarm again. I did the same reset but only got about 30 min before it came back. It only seems to alarm during an m00 or when the machine is not in motion. It seems to be heat related as it started on the hottest day this year (82 deg) and doesnt seem to start until its above 80 in the shop. I'm calling fanuc tomorrow for some help but I was hoping someone here has ran into this before. It's intermittent for now but it seems to be getting more frequent.

Key info:
1985 Kitamura mycenter 1, Fanuc 10m control
SV006 x alarm (low VCU voltage, x axis)
It only happens when the machine is sitting, so far. While its running its fine
Seems to become more frequent as the shop gets above 80deg f

Back