Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fanuc 10T screen problems Nakamura

I have previously discussed this machine here:
    Nakamura Slant Jr Lathe Fanuc 10T parameter backup

The CRT finally crapped out. It was getting dim for a year and I ignored it, but it finally went blank after sitting for a few days. I ordered a replacement screen from ebay.

New Fanuc A61L-0001-0086 LCD Compatible with All CRT Display Liquid Crystal 642940643536 | eBay

Swapped it and same problem. It turns on and is good for 5-10 seconds then it fades until its illegible. See pictures below.

I don’t even know where to start. Obviously its a chinese LCD, it could be junk. But im thinking its an issue with the signal. I have another OEM CRT from a different lathe I could swap over to test but I want to test the supply voltage before I accidentally fry my only good crt.

The screen is a A61L-0001-0086 which seems to be less common/more expensive than some of the other replacements available.

Basically I dont even know where to begin troubleshooting a power supply or signal issue, but I think thats what I need to be checking.

Any input would be appreciated.

Acceptable picture (also notice the menu isnt centered on the screen)

Fades until you cant read it

The connectors are a 20 pin honda and some 4 wire power supply wire. I don’t have an electrical manual otherwise I would be checking voltages from that.

Teddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought the same screen for a 10M and it works OK, the colors are a bit off, but I only paid $100 delivered for it so I'm not complaining.

Looks like you got a dud LCD to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    I bought the same screen for a 10M and it works OK, the colors are a bit off, but I only paid $100 delivered for it so I'm not complaining.

Looks like you got a dud LCD to me.
    Any chance you have a service manual and can find the monitor supply voltages for me to check?

Would like to try the other screen but want to make sure I don’t fry anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wanted to update for future reference.
    The A61L-001-0086 and
    A61L-001-0092 CRT’s are interchangeable. Both are 24vdc power supply and 20 pin Honda connectors. The 0092 is flipped 180 degrees so you just have to install it upside down. I tested the ebay lcd in my other lathe and its has a junk image on there as well. Going to try one more cheap lcd and if its still junk ill cough up the $1000 for a quality replacement. But good to know they are interchangeable because the 0092 yields a lot more search results when looking for a lcd replacement.

5. Likes Garwood liked this post