What's new
What's new

Fanuc 11M Questions 1st CNC Mill up and running

Deese

Aluminum
I got one of my vmc's running this week,my first cnc machine. The control is fanuc 11m. I spent all week in the operators manual,and parameters manual trying to get a grip on it. I set the work offset,and the tool offest. I'm just using the one tool for now while learning. I ran the first program today and the problem I had was on the safety line it called a G49 so when it cancelled the tool length offset my z went up and went on the overtravel limits.I tested it in mdi. Now I have to confess I adjusted a couple of parameters which probably caused this. Mainly I set it to start up in g43. The reason is for what ever reason in jog,handle,mode the absolute position z axis was not being driven by the work and tool offsets until you went into mdi and called the g54 and h1 for tool 1. I'm betting thats the way it's supposed to be,but I didn't like that. I want to see my z position count down to 0 as I approach the origin of G54. Hopefully you long time users of the 11m have some pointers for me. Like I said it's my first cnc,and I bought two of them so I'll be learning 11M like the back of my hand.

I got one of my vmc's running this week,my first cnc machine. The control is fanuc 11m. I spent all week in the operators manual,and parameters manual trying to get a grip on it. I set the work offset,and the tool offest. I'm just using the one tool for now while learning. I ran the first program today and the problem I had was on the safety line it called a G49 so when it cancelled the tool length offset my z went up and went on the overtravel limits.I tested it in mdi. Now I have to confess I adjusted a couple of parameters which probably caused this. Mainly I set it to start up in g43. The reason is for what ever reason in jog,handle,mode the absolute position z axis was not being driven by the work and tool offsets until you went into mdi and called the g54 and h1 for tool 1. I'm betting thats the way it's supposed to be,but I didn't like that. I want to see my z position count down to 0 as I approach the origin of G54. Hopefully you long time users of the 11m have some pointers for me. Like I said it's my first cnc,and I bought two of them so I'll be learning 11M like the back of my hand.

1) usually length comp G43 in effect spindle goes up. if H1 is 10.0000 if goes up 10.0000 unless you state
G90 G0 G54 G43 H1 Z12.0
in which case it reads H1 and Z and puts tool tip at Z12.0
many worry about if length comp not in effect with G49 and you give
G0 Z0.1
...well if you got a 10.0000 long tool it will try to put spindle face at Z0.1 and if table Z0.0 if will try to push tool 9.9000 INTO the table

Back