What's new
What's new

Fanuc 15mb G10.1 - CNC Command to PMC - how to use?

dandrummerman21

Stainless
Kitamura h400 (1998) with 15mb control.

I want to change a keep relay K7.7 to a 1 in the middle of a program. I noticed that there is G10.1 CNC Command to PMC available.

As far as I can tell, I can change PMC side stuff with this command... or at least, it is possible somehow.

One 15m operators manual that I downloaded says the following:

21.CNC COMMAND TO PMC (G10.1)
The G10.1 command transfers the data to the PMC.
Format
G10.1 P__R__L__;
The data transferred with addresses P, R, and L can be read in the read procedure of the PMC. For details,
refer to the manual supplied by the machine tool builder.

Now, I don't see anything about it in the kitamura manual, but that isn't surprising because there is a lot of stuff not included in there. We have combed the ladder and manual, haven't seen anything related to this. I was wondering if it was still possible? Do I need to change the channel that the PMC I/O is set to, or do something else? PWE on? Dance around a fire singing a song? I have found no information on how to use this.

I have tried the following:

G10.1 N62007 P11001111
G11

And I have tried a few variations of that trying to use R and L, but I only get PS145 alarm, G10.1 TIME OUT. The response to a G10.1 command was not received from the PMC within the specified time limit.

Google is extremely unhelpful with this. Has nobody used or implemented this since google was a thing?

Sometimes there are other parameters that need to be enabled. In the case of G10, when your writing to a PMC parameter there may be another interlock that needs to be released first.

I see this is an old thread, but was there ever a resolution to this problem? I am also trying to set a keep relay via the CNC program. I have a fixture that is designed to run multiple part families and I want certain part seating switches to be enabled based on which program is running.

Back