What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16i Robodrill slowing down tool magazine rotation in parameters

allenp

Aluminum
hello
we have machine like this on the pic:
https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/511187276.jpg?mw=1920&mh=1080&q=70

I am trying to find the parameter in manuals for the slowing down of tool change, or to be more exact, RPM of the spindle when rotating tool magazine during tool change.

I cant find it anywhere in manuals, but I thinks it exists somewhere as one of our machines like that (we have four of them) is rotating tool magazine slower than other 3 (it came like that).

Thanks for any help in advance!

I would suggest that you just start browsing through the parameters.
You will likely find sumpthing that is labeled in a way to sound like it might be the right one.

Compare to your other machines, or just edit it and see what slows down. :D
(You can always change it back. It's not that bigg'a deal....)

It very well may be labeled as "Axis A" or sumpthing like that.
But prolly is one of the labeled "axis" of the machine - and one that you DON'T recognize as a programmable axis.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm sure this is not a parameter but a keep relay setting or "handy acreen" setting if you have that feature.
I think you need to set it for heavy tools.
This then slows down the index

I haven't verified it by trying it, but I have the manual for a T14iBL that says K0.4 = 0 means 3kg tool, while k0.4=1 is for a 2kg tool. OP, try looking at that parameter.

Setting for heavy tool may solve your issue, but I would expect to be able to edit it directly at param 1420 or 1421, or if your acc/dec param soon after that has anything in that field, but I'm guessing not.

Again - this would be an unrecognized axis name, or it could even be a number.
Like A, or 6, or ???

Yes, I have edited it as such before.
On linear axi's as well as turret index.

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I don't recall exactly, but it is very likely a parameter. I'm 99% sure the Z axis travel speeds are controlled via parameter on the newer robos, as we had issues with one machine being set incorrectly causing the spindle air blast not to reactivate upon clamping. (parameter scaling didn't change when going from 0.00001" to 0.0001" system, this wasn't the only parameter with a problem) A quick call to a dealer or fanuc should get you the info you need.

I haven't verified it by trying it, but I have the manual for a T14iBL that says K0.4 = 0 means 3kg tool, while k0.4=1 is for a 2kg tool. OP, try looking at that parameter.

thanks I think it is that one because on the other machine which changes tools slower it is turned to 1 and here is 0.

But I dont know how to change that keep relay setting.
which parameter is it, how to syntax it using G10 L50 as it is my only method I know of to change parameters.
If i try to change in parameters then it says "Write protected".

I dont have PWE bit to enable parameter editing on those machines.

I only have "Programmer enable" which is set to 1 when you press emergency button but it still wont let me change parameters that way, however I can change them using G10 L50 method.

But I dont know what to write next for "N" value and "R" value (probably should be 10000000).

Please help

You don't have PWE under the settings menu when pushing the offsets button?

It is the same PWE that you would set to change normal NC parameters.

Do you have the Quick NC button on your control? If so there should be a setting there to set 2kg or 3kg per tool for the turret. All that does is change the keep relay, as far as i have been able to tell.

Okay I've managed to find out how to enable parameter and keep relay writing. You have to press "SET" and arrow down and then "Settings" and then PWE=1 with bit 7 of 3292 parameter set to 0.

But keep relay k0.4 is for one machine with fanuc16i alphaT14 series, but this relay wont work for me on alphaT10 series fanuc.

So it worked on newer type machine, but not on the older type.
What else could it be to enable prior changing that keep relay?

Last edited:
Setting for heavy tool may solve your issue, but I would expect to be able to edit it directly at param 1420 or 1421, or if your acc/dec param soon after that has anything in that field, but I'm guessing not.

Again - this would be an unrecognized axis name, or it could even be a number.
Like A, or 6, or ???

Yes, I have edited it as such before.
On linear axi's as well as turret index.

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

How about this?

And I don't understand how a keep relay assosiated with "heavy tool" would have any need to be changed via PWE?

For that to work, it should be editable in the tool list (just set them all to heavy?) or at least an M code.

???

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Some sort of mechanical clutch engages at Z max? :scratchchin:
Not a bad idea. Saves another motor/amp at least...

OK, well you still should be able to edit the "heavy tool" in the tool list.
You shouldn't have to call Tokyo to find out how to edit a parameter to run a slitting saw.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Some sort of mechanical clutch engages at Z max? :scratchchin:
Not a bad idea. Saves another motor/amp at least......

Gear on the spindle nose engages gear on the drum when the drum swings in to the spindle to pull the tool. It is pretty slick most of the time. Getting all lined up and working well after repairs is "exciting".

Back