What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16i-TB - hide execution of subprogram?

darron

Plastic
My lathe manufacturer (Feeler) implemented live tool tapping with a subprogram. They have G184 going to subprogram O9014, etc...

When I am tapping, instead of seeing my program I see this manufacturer's subprogram. It's a useless mess of variables and it's just not useful to look at in normal circumstances.

Is there a way to configure the control to not show running the subprogram, but to stay at the calling function?

My lathe manufacturer (Feeler) implemented live tool tapping with a subprogram. They have G184 going to subprogram O9014, etc...

When I am tapping, instead of seeing my program I see this manufacturer's subprogram. It's a useless mess of variables and it's just not useful to look at in normal circumstances.

Is there a way to configure the control to not show running the subprogram, but to stay at the calling function?
Hello darron,
There are a number of ways, but the easiest for you would be to set parameter bit 3202.4 to "1". This will also protect programs O9000 to O9999 from being inadvertently deleted.

Regards,

Bill

Well here I thought I had the only lathe on earth that did live tapping this way...

If I understand you correctly you want the run display of the subprogram to be hidden.

The parameter Bill suggested afaik only hides the directory listing of 9000 series programs, but doesn't hide them during execution.

The parameter you want is 3232.1

You can read my thread about it here: Fanuc - display of macro during execution

Well here I thought I had the only lathe on earth that did live tapping this way...

If I understand you correctly you want the run display of the subprogram to be hidden.

The parameter Bill suggested afaik only hides the directory listing of 9000 series programs, but doesn't hide them during execution.

The parameter you want is 3232.1

You can read my thread about it here: Fanuc - display of macro during execution
Hello Gregor,
Parameter 3232 doesn't exist on all FS16 controls. The following is one of the features either enabled, or disabled by parameter 3202.4:

(7) Displaying programs

Regards,

Bill

Hello Gregor,
Parameter 3232 doesn't exist on all FS16 controls. The following is one of the features either enabled, or disabled by parameter 3202.4:

(7) Displaying programs

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill, fair enough!

So does 3202.4 also hide the execution display of 9000 series programs or only on those that don't have 3232?

Back