What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16M drip feed last 5 lines are missing

Corn

Aluminum
Hi,

I'm starting to get everything working on Fanuc Robodrill Alpha T10A with Fanuc 16MA control. Data transfer by serial is working and now drip feed as well. However there is small glitch on the drip feed. It does miss ~5 last lines of G code. Not a big issue but annoying as M30 and others are there to shut down the cycle. Any idea what might be the issue?

Thank you in advance.

What software are you using for the dripfeed? I have seen similar where the software closes the RS-232 port despite there being some data still in the buffer that has not transmitted yet. I suspect this has mainly to do with XON/XOFF handling.

Before adding extra memory, I use to run into a problem like this on a Fanuc OM control.

I would just add a bunch of junk lines at the end before the M30. Don't remember the specifics, but maybe a bunch of coordinate moves all to the same place, or a bunch of M01's. Just something to take up space and not cause any troubles. Seemed to solve the problem.

Last edited:
I'm using Cadem NCnet full version trial. I have XON/XOFF enabled in port settings. I'm still looking for a program that can upload/download program and drip feed and be simple to use. And of course be wallet friendly. :)

Maybe I just add few comment lines to the end of the file and try whether they keep the port busy long enough. Not good but acceptable solution..

I'm using Cadem NCnet full version trial. I have XON/XOFF enabled in port settings. I'm still looking for a program that can upload/download program and drip feed and be simple to use. And of course be wallet friendly. :)

Maybe I just add few comment lines to the end of the file and try whether they keep the port busy long enough. Not good but acceptable solution..

Adding some "dummy lines" after the M30 might be a suitable work-around. You might look at the settings in your software for a checkbox labeled something like "keep port open" or a time delay for closing the port. I don't know the program you are using, but some other programs have those type functions.

I use DNC4U. It is the best comms software I've used. Super comprehensive options for setting up your communications. It is very capable when drip feeding. Even has a mid-program restart function for drip feeding. A pretty good editor too.

Last edited:
DNC4U worked perfectly... No need to add any dummy lines with that. And I can live with the price as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

Back