What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16MA (Robodrill) tool offsets

Corn

Aluminum
Hi,

In tool offset table I only have 32 offsets available. Length and radius offsets share the same table. According to the manual there is possibility of up to 200 offsets and 400 as option. I'm wondering how to enable that 200 offsets.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Great. Leave other bits as is? Currently 9932 bit 2 and 7 = 1
Was just wondering that if some other bit which maybe tells the number of offsets to be 32 need to be set to 0...

It warned me that it will empty the program memory. Just wanted to double check that it will not reset any parameters, just the Oxxxx part programs? What about work offsets?

Wohoo. Happy man. Thank you. That was it. Now I got that table as well. Now I got 4 rows there.
Under length there is geometry and wear and under radius same geometry and wear. I suppose that now that they are in same line I should for example use H1 for length offset and D1 for radius offset? Can't mix them that use H1 and say for example D4. Leave the wear to zeros if I don't mind to use them?

Was wondering, is this using the part program memory or is this space allocated already from the memory, whether you use it or not? If it is using the part program then I might be good with the 32 spaces as long as I can have the separate table for radius offset.

Last edited:
Hey guys....

You should edit your posts to delete all direct references to option parameters. The moderators sticky at the top of the forum....

cnc forum posting guidelines

says this.....

No option codes will allowed to be posted publicly... I don't need the forum owner getting calls from machine makers complaining.

We all know that option parameters for many Fanuc models are available. It's easy and good for the forum owner if this sharing happens by PM.

Since there is rarely any active moderation going on here, I think we need to kind of police ourselves so that Milacron doesn't catch any crap regarding options.

One other thing that I try to remind folks of is that some options only work with certain firmware versions or require supporting hardware. If someone turns on an option parameter that is not supported by their firmware version or hardware configuration, the system crashes and has to be initialized with total loss of all data. Better have gold plated backups at hand in that event.

LoL
What I mean is I have never read (RED) the rules.
NOT making the statement of never read the rules...
:D

Oh, I read it with the correct intonation... The sentiment stands :D

(Who are we kidding... 1/2 the people who join up don't read the rules... Then ask why their Grizzly gives a crappy finish :D)

Oh thanks. Ban me for trying to help someone.
Last time I do that then... :rolleyes5:

The point being made, is that you are helping one, but potentially hindering another. If you want to send the information by PM, then help away and you're not involving anyone other than yourself and the person you're seeking to help. Its really no different to theft by finding.

Regards,

Bill

Back