What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18i M code help

manyponies

Plastic
I’m new to Fanuc controls and need some help getting underway. My machine is twin pallet Hitachi Seiki horizontal mill with a Fanuc 18i control.
M60 calls the program for a pallet change and works fine. My issue arises if something halts the program such as a door switch sensor fault. The machine stops and I cannot get the program to restart after the fault has been corrected. At this point I usually have pallets in the wrong positions to start a M60 as both pallets may be out of the machine. In order to clear the alarms I have to restart the control but the pallet changer is in the unclamped position, therefore the Y an Z axes will not home. I have other M codes (M63 Right Pallet In Only) (M64 Left Pallet In Only)(M64 Right Pallet Out Only)(M66 Left Pallet Out Only) but I cannot get them to run. After pushing cycle start the button just stays illuminated.
In my programs I have the individual M Codes for machine operations such as :
M903 Pallet Unclamp
M909 Left Pallet door Open
M906 Right Pallet Door Open
I cannot get these to run individually in order to move the machine from where it halted due to a fault.
Is there a parameter than can or needs to set in order to run the M6X programs or the M9XX operations individually? They all work as part of the M60……not by themselves.

Thanks

You need to recover with the maintenance M codes. M998 & M999 enable and disable the M9__ # codes.
Do you have the version with an second screen? if so there is a page there that lists the M codes.

My Machine only has one screen. how do I access M code list on this one. Also can I access a screen with variable assignments? Thanks for the quick reply

Back