What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18i M codes

manyponies

Plastic
I'm new to Fanuc controls and have a 18i-m. How do I view the available m codes that are in the control from the machine builder. Thanks!

I'm new to Fanuc controls and have a 18i-m. How do I view the available m codes that are in the control from the machine builder. Thanks!

Hello manyponies,
Conventional M Codes, such as Spindle CW/CCW, Stop, Coolant Om/Off etc, will be found in the Fanuc Operator's Manual. Others that are assigned by the MTB will be listed in the machine's operating.programming manual, not the Januc Manual.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the reply Bill. The difficulty is that ALL the documentation I received with the machine was destroyed in a fire shortly after getting the machine. I was wondering if there was a way to pull the codes out of the control

On my OT and 21T Fanuc the only codes listed on the control itself are what codes are currently active and I believe it only shows G codes. Your best bet is to list year, make and model of machine and eventually someone will have a list. Worst cause scenario you can always just input codes manually in MDI and see what happens. Every machine I have operated is full proof in that instance. It will alarm out if you try rotating the spindle at high rpm with the brake engaged or something similar.

I have been able to establish some of the 900 series M codes by looking at the tool change and pallet change programs. My Pallet and tool change programs have individual M codes for things like pallet clamp, doors opening ect. Is there a particular method to use, parameter setting or code in order to be able to run theses codes individually to do maintenance. When I try to MDI the 900 M codes nothing happens.

When I try to MDI the 900 M codes nothing happens.

I haven't ran a machining center in years and never one with a pallet changer. You probably are missing a preparatory code or something is not in the proper position to execute the command. On the machining center I had there was a selector switch on the tool carousel, if it was left in manual operation mode any command through the computer would not work and no alarms would show up.

Once again, list make and model of machine, most likely someone here will have one.

It would be helpful to know what type of machine you have.

On our Mori's with 18i there is a "help" key, press that and all G and M codes can be viewed right at the control.

I don't think you will be able to make individual commands for the pallet changer selectively by MDI. I ass-u-,me there is most likely a screen that will allow you to control it step by step for maintenance etc.

You will get much more meaningful help if you will take a second and list the year, make and model of the machine you're talking about. Did you not read the posting guidelines?

Like has been said, many of the important codes of all types are MTB specific. Meaning an 18i on one machine brand can be very different on another. Especially when tossing in a pallet changer.

Retrofit?

Well that adds a layer of uncertainty!

It will be tough for anyone other than whoever did the retrofit to help beyond guessing.

I think I hear my mom calling me......

Back