What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18I PCMCIA card upload issue

manyponies

Plastic
Sometimes when I am copying a program from the memory card to the control memory the Program number changes. The control adds a "0" inbetween the the Program number and the program name. I have tried copying the program to the control using "file number" and "file name" methods with the same results
I enter the program number and push "OSET" on the control. The program copies but the shows the file number in the memory directory but without the showing the comment that follows, I bring the prodram to the screen with the "OSEARCH" and it loads but has an extra "0" between the file number and comment
Example
%
O0001(PROGRAM 1) This is what I should see

%
O00010(PROGRAM 1) This is what I do see

I can delete the program using O0001 DELETE but if I try tho run the program I get an alarm that says " TOO MANY DIGITS"

This seems random. Sometimes the programs copy correctly and sometimes they add this extra digit

Any ideas ?

Not Sure, I'll try that. It does ramdomly give me a "memory card error 121" message when copying a program. That message does not seem to correspond directly to this issue. The program still copies to the memory whether I get the error message or not.

Sometimes this is dependent on your text editor.
It may be inserting some characters that the control is reading when it shouldn't.

I'll try saving with a different text editor. Went back through all the programs yesterday to make sure there was no text or spaces in between. Formatted the disc and tried a second disc with the same results

Back