What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18i program loading etc

zschary

Aluminum
having some trouble with the new (to me) control.. Trying to delete programs in the directory, and i am getting this.. 075-bps alarm
tried moving the lock out keys to all different directions.. no avail.. My goal is to try to load programs from the card i have plugged into the control on the left side of the screen.. I think it wont let me because there is not enough memory, but if anyone has a idea on the loading into the control from the card i would appreciate that too.. I tried to open some programs that were already in there from the previous owner,an it said write protect on them, i need to delete them from the control memory..

also.. i am amazed that circa 2005 this control has such little memory, is it possible to update the control itself with more?
big thanks
Zach

I have seen this on some of the "i" controls. If you are in edit mode and the edit key is turned to unlock, but you still can't edit or delete programs, there may be a protect key in the operator's panel. You can navigate there by hitting the offset hard key, then hit the right expansion arrow key and you should see the OPR soft key and the screen will be labeled "operator's panel". The edit key will be the top one and I think it just reads "key". To toggle on and off use the right and left arrow hard key.

Back