What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18i-T manually jump in program

viltera

Plastic
I run a Fanuc 18i-T control VTL, lately I am having issues jumping around in programs, seems like the control is reading the next line. How I jump around in programs as followed, single block of course
Memory, read through first position line
Feed hold
Edit
Scroll to desired line
Memory
Cycle start, feed and rapid at 0

At this point control jumps back to last line before jumping in edit. I can run that line, then usually the jumped to line will be read next, clearly not what I wanted to happen.
This used to work for me evertime, not sure is someone changed a variable or what is happening.

I never got to play with an 18i-T but on my 21i-T I have to have single block on since the beginning of the operation. Control will read the next 2 or 3 blocks if it's not on single block since the beginning.
Single block on
Run the first two safety lines
Make the first rapid move to position tool in the front of the part
Edit
Scroll down to the block I want to resume (always a rapid move for me to where I want to start cutting again)

I never got to play with an 18i-T but on my 21i-T I have to have single block on since the beginning of the operation. Control will read the next 2 or 3 blocks if it's not on single block since the beginning.
Single block on
Run the first two safety lines
Make the first rapid move to position tool in the front of the part
Edit
Scroll down to the block I want to resume (always a rapid move for me to where I want to start cutting again)
Tried single block from the beginning and same thing. I have a "next" soft key that shows current and next line. Nothing displays for next line while in single block.

I run a Fanuc 18i-T control VTL, lately I am having issues jumping around in programs, seems like the control is reading the next line. How I jump around in programs as followed, single block of course
Memory, read through first position line
Feed hold
Edit
Scroll to desired line
Memory
Cycle start, feed and rapid at 0

At this point control jumps back to last line before jumping in edit. I can run that line, then usually the jumped to line will be read next, clearly not what I wanted to happen.
This used to work for me evertime, not sure is someone changed a variable or what is happening.

My guess is its the "feed hold" is why. Don't try to skip around without letting the current or active block finish. Really no need for it in single block, it'll finish the previous block and just sit there and wait.

Then go to edit, scoot to wherever you want, turn the single block off, leter rip. Give it a go with no motion hold and see if it'll fly?

Brent

Last edited:
Not letting the active line finish did it. I must have been waiting longer than I used to as to why I started seeing this. Thanks Brent

Back