What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18T Help

bob

Titanium
Somehow the Z axis home position got reset to 1. Can someone tell me how to get it back to 0?
Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_110420.jpg
    IMG_20180708_110420.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 575
Depends on where the Tool is, in relation to the home position. Something happened, regardless I would turn my rapids waaaay down, next time you cycle the machine.

R

Here is pic off geometry offset page, all zeroes. Wear offsets also all zeroes. Possible guy keyed G50 how to check?

Attachments

• 2001_0102fanuc0012.jpg
    2001_0102fanuc0012.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 207
Geometry and wear offsets only are active when called in the program. The G54 and Common offsets are global and active at power up or reset. Those are the ones to check.

If a G50 was commanded then to clear it, do a zero return and in MDI mode key in G50 Z0 the press cycle start.

Apparently the turret is at a place that you have determined should be Z0?
But now it's not?

I don't know if a complete reboot will trump an old G50?

You could try - in MDI:
G10 P0 X0 Z0
and see what that does for you.... ???

Or you could put it where you want Z0 to be and re-set your G50:
Cycle G50 Z0 in MDI - but only when your Z is where you want ZERO to be.

I don't quite understand your expectations that this spot should be ZERO.
Shirley your lathe doesn't HOME to ZERO locations. :eek:
Note that this is a lathe Vanc

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Never seen a lathe doo that... :skep:

I would (I have) edit the params so's that when it homed - the turret surfaces were at a logical point in ref to your spindle C/L and your chuck surface. Like X+15.000 Z+20.000

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Is there a work shift page? My Fanuc OT only has one available for each axis, there isn't a G54-G59 offset available.

Also what was happening when this cropped up? Were you there or is an operator trying to lie his way out of something or did not understand what happened?

The fact the error is a perfectly round number tells me it was an operator MDI input error or a programming error, nothing to so with the hardware or software of the machine.

Never seen a lathe doo that... :skep:

I would (I have) edit the params so's that when it homed - the turret surfaces were at a logical point in ref to your spindle C/L and your chuck surface. Like X+15.000 Z+20.000

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I do that usually, just a nice round number to look at, but it doesn't mean anything. Just my preference. OP if Home were zero, it would make your life harder than it needs to be.

R

I had a guy come in to program and run a part. Said he knew all about it. After a couple hours it was apparent that he was bser so asked him to leave. I know he was trying to get it to run in MIDI but not sure what he did. I tried G50 Z0 in MIDI didn't change.

From your first pic hit the "ALL" soft key and let us have a look at a pic of that.

Also put it into MDI and go to the MDI page and let's see what it has in there.

Never thought it would be this hard. When Z0 is input moves 1" so I guess thats ok will just live with it. Thanks all.
Bob

You can reset the home position by blinking 1815.

Move the machine to where you want home to be
Turn Parameter Write Enable on in the Offset screen
Go to Parameters in the System screen, go down to the Z axis row of parameter 1815.4 (should be labelled APZ).
Turn 1815.4 to 0. Ignore the warning to turn off power. Go back to 1815.4 and turn it to a 1.
Cycle power. Turn off PWE.

Back