What's new
What's new

Fanuc 18T M Code Output

Ox

Diamond
Trying to get the output to fire for my HP Coolant.
At first I ass_u_med that is was simply a keep relay change, but I have edited the keeps, and no change per this situation.

Physical button is there, but no cycle.
When I key in the M code - I git that it is not a good code.

I have searched, and I can find info on using M code to fire a macro, but not so much for I/O use.

Ladder is all there and the same as my other sister machine.

Somehow I need to git M10 to coincide (?) with R0421.2 and M11 @ R0421.2
Hmmm, maybe I should re state that?
M10 is already = R0421.2 in the ladder.
I just don't know what I need to doo to get to the finish line.

I have several M code outputs that are used for a POS gantry unload system that I could reporpoise if absolutely necessary, but I would much rather just git it right.

Fanuc 18T

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

No - this is M10, no doubt about that.
Even shows it in the ladder, plus - I have another machine just (about) like it.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Eventually a Y address needs to turn on. You need to search the rungs that analyze the state of R421.2 (builder assigned logic state) and see what breaks the logic chain when you find the Y address that is supposed to be driven by the M10. Since you are getting an alarm when M10 is commanded, sounds like R421.2 is turning on an A (alarm or external message output) address. Probably a KeepRelay or Data PMC parameter needs to be set to redirect the signal from the A address to the Y address.

I originally expected a KEEP relay change was it as well.

Maybe the KEEP layout for a '94 and a '97 isn't exactly the same.
Actually - I know that's the case, b/c I changed all the KEEPs to the '97 (and was then going to go backwards to see what changed it) and the HPC didn't work, but also - the machine wouldn't HOME. So....

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I GOT IT!

It turns out that it was NOT a keep relay in this case.

Hardinge uses a secret way via the HMI to turn some features on and off.
Especially if they are options that you might want to turn off in regular use for whatever reason.

Example is "Barfeeder".
I can turn the option off, and - other than the E-STOP circuit, the control never-minds any feedback coming from the barfeeder.
Like - if I have the barfeeder option "on", then it will not allow you to open the chuck between cycles by hand, w/o going into JOG mode. But if you shut that option off, you can have the barfeeder slid back out of the way, lid up, whatever, and it runs. And then you can run the chuck like normal.

I never guessed that HPC would be turned on and off here, but this machine had none of the options lit up when I got it, and many of the M codes that should be working - would keep throwing "bad M code" alarms.... So I turned them all on (4) and now - lo and behold - my M code fires and I git an output on the PLC now.

I am officially in business!

Another fer-instance - is that gantry unloader. I have it removed from my other machine, and all I had to doo is turn that option off via the HMI, and I git no alarms with it not being there.

It's taken >20 years to learn some of these tricks. IDK if they are in a Manuell somewhere or not?
I'm sure there are a lot more that I don't know...

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I GOT IT!

It turns out that it was NOT a keep relay in this case.

Hardinge uses a secret way via the HMI to turn some features on and off.
Especially if they are options that you might want to turn off in regular use for whatever reason.

Nice! I'd bet that if you compared values in the PMC Data table with your options on, versus off, via the HMI you would see differences. Or, it may be that Hardinge is not running the PMC totally in ladder. Fanuc PMCs can be programmed in a higher level language like C+ in newer controls and PASCAL in older controls.

It's taken >20 years to learn some of these tricks. IDK if they are in a Manuell somewhere or not?

Probly not. IME builders don't normally want customers getting too deep into how the control is integrated to the machine.

When I first got my Mori, there were things in PLC parameters that I wanted to change, but could not. Some PLC parameters could be changed by the "normal" method while others would not change. After looking at a LOT of undocumented ladder logic I finally figured out that an undocumented PLC switch needed to be on in addition to the memory unlock softkey. That let me change the parameter, but it was a one-shot thing. Next time the machine was powered up the parameter was back to the original setting, Some more studying and I found that each PLC parameter had a complementary PLC parameter that had to be activated at the same time as the primary one to make them persistent through a power cycle. Absolutely nothing in any manuals covered that and all the logic rungs in the ladder that made that work had no notes alongside the rung.

Back