What's new
What's new

Fanuc 21-M. How to run machining over pc, mastercam to cnc machine? Expand memory?

Spyker

Plastic
Hi. Maybe somebody knows how to run program from pc, mastercam to cnc milling machine, if there is possibility? I remember, when I worked few years ago, we can run machining directly from pc with fanuc 21 iM controller. We hit auto button, drip feed button in right upper corner, then cycle start, and lsk shows on. With mastercam we send nc code, and machine starts runing when you adjust feed/rapid handles. Or maybe there is another way how to expand memory? Cause we can run only short nc codes. Thanks. Machine leadwell V-25. I know it's old, but some peoples wanna to run it, for some jobs.

Hi. Maybe somebody knows how to run program from pc, mastercam to cnc milling machine, if there is possibility? I remember, when I worked few years ago, we can run machining directly from pc with fanuc 21 iM controller. We hit auto button, drip feed button in right upper corner, then cycle start, and lsk shows on. With mastercam we send nc code, and machine starts runing when you adjust feed/rapid handles. Or maybe there is another way how to expand memory? Cause we can run only short nc codes. Thanks. Machine leadwell V-25. I know it's old, but some peoples wanna to run it, for some jobs.

I am not certain but this may have something to do with the DNC settings in mastercam. I have never used it but this sounds like what it would do.

I am using a DNC Eco on my 0T-A, and they have a product called Micro DNC that allows drip feeding (the DNC Eco just uploads and downloads programs). I like this better as you don't need a computer hooked to the machine or need to fool with a serial port.

For most FANUC controls the thing powers off the 12V on the RS-232 25-pin connector so you don't even need to plug it in to the wall.

The maker is in Vietnam but sells on eBay and Amazon here in the USA. I'm sure you can find one in the EU.

Back