What's new
What's new

Fanuc 21i-T

leoneljbsantos

Plastic
Hi,
I work with a lathe with Fanuc 21i-T.
G54 is modal, and in the workshift page there are no options for G55, G56, etc.
I tried all options on the menu, and on the web also.
Maybe parameter 9936 (?) has to be set...anyone can help please?
Regards

It is most likely a Fanuc option the builder did not pick up and offered as an option, I dont have the option bits in front of me at this time to confirm your parameter. You should still have a WSHFT softkey whcih will allow you to set a workshift

I feel like we have plowed this field before?

I dont think you can have workshift and work offsets at the same time.

Workshift is all on its own page on the 21iT I work with.
When I hit the Offset/Settings button, the option for Work is there as a soft key. Hit the Work soft key and I get the EXT and G54-G59 work offsets.

Workshift is all on its own page on the 21iT I work with.
When I hit the Offset/Settings button, the option for Work is there as a soft key. Hit the Work soft key and I get the EXT and G54-G59 work offsets.

Are you saying you have both the Workshift page and a Work Offset page (G54s)?

Are you saying you have both the Workshift page and a Work Offset page (G54s)?

Yes, I have both. To get to the workshift page I have to hit Offset/settings button and then hit the "+" soft button. Only then the Workshift page will be available.

If OP sees G54 as modal when the machine is first turned on then it means that his machine has G54-G59 work offsets. He just hasn't figured out how to get to the correct page yet.

I'm finding it hard to swallow that a Fanuc i series controlled machine doesn't have G54-G59 fixture offsets.

Brent

If OP sees G54 as modal when the machine is first turned on then it means that his machine has G54-G59 work offsets. He just hasn't figured out how to get to the correct page yet.

That's not necessarily the case. I know from experience that on some Fanucs G54 will be on by default and modal even if work offsets are not activated. Trying G55 etc. in MDI is the definite way to know. It will either work or issue a PS alarm.

I have an older O-TC that I activated work offsets on, and it always had G54 on by default even before the option was activated. On that control work shift and work offsets are toggled on the same softkey, i.e. there is no indication of how to access the work offset screen at all, you just have to know that if you press the work shift softkey when already on the work shift screen it toggles to work offsets.

yes it possible to have both the workshift and work coordinate systems (G54-G59) on at the same time, the workshift is standard from Fanuc the the work coordinates is an option which the builder must order in their control package

It is most likely a Fanuc option the builder did not pick up and offered as an option, I dont have the option bits in front of me at this time to confirm your parameter. You should still have a WSHFT softkey whcih will allow you to set a workshift

Yes, but just a generic "G". Not G54, or 55...

Hello
Im trying to get my Romi M17 lathe running . It comes on , but I am not sure how to enter a manual program , just simple stuff for now .
Thanks
ben

Hello
Im trying to get my Romi M17 lathe running . It comes on , but I am not sure how to enter a manual program , just simple stuff for now .
Thanks
ben

What in the world made you ask this question in this thread? I believe if you type in O5150 not zero but the capital letter O and a 4 digit program number plus the "EOB" (end of block) then "insert" will create program 5150 in the program directory. Then just start writing as normal.

I'm assuming you have a Fanuc 21i-T on this thing.

Brent

Back