What's new
What's new

Okuma Genos M560V way covers.

Slugo

Aluminum
I had a bad end to the night last night. Smashed the Y axis way covers. At first it looked like I could hammer them into some usable shape before the replacement covers got here but after digging into it looks like the whole face of the machine needs to come off.

$4600 plus shipping for the cover and TWO techs.

Glad the only person that seems upset about this is me.

What did you lose off the table?

My guess is he left the vise handle on and homed the machine. Guess how I know.

I got a new one and had the old one repaired. Now I have a new cover ready to go if someone does the same thing to one of the other 3 560s.

Nope not the vise handle. I never did that one.
A piece of scrap cut away from my part got jammed between the table, covers, and door.

Attachments

• 20200311_060841.jpg
    20200311_060841.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 20200311_060844.jpg
    20200311_060844.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 165
......A piece of scrap cut away from my part got jammed between the table, covers, and door.

Expensive lesson on why one should either have slugs restrained or milled away. I have seen far too many messed up way covers and jammed up chip conveyors to ever leave slugs loose

LOL. I just got a quote for this, and certainly share the outrage! Any recommendations on a place to get the way covers repaired?

Our M560V is going to be down for a little while, and I'd like to take care of the dented covers while it sits.

Back