What's new
What's new

Fanuc 31i B Tutorial

plutoniumsalmon

Hot Rolled
Hello Everyone.

Do you guys know where I can find a decent tutorial for a fanuc 32I B. I am down to two machines, the Takisawa TS 4000 ys and an Okuma LB3000 ex big bore, y,sub spindle, and longer z, and wanted to see what I would be getting into if we went with the Fanuc machine.

The Okuma has a very nice control the Fanuc seems more spartan. I just want to find out how it is to run it for basic stuff, work offsets, probing and so on. We are on the Haas now and its time we started wearing big boy pants either OSP or Fanuc.

Oh and we looked at the Okuma yesterday. The extra control knob is 1.5k extra and its a little tighter on the inside then the Takisawa other than that it looks like a very nice machine.

RE: Probing - Unless either machine has a probing-specific GUI (graphic user interface) you're going to be using the Renishaw/Blum supplied macros for all of your probing routines. It's actually not too bad if you're going to simply use the supplied macros - which are pretty flexible, yet extensive in their capabilities. Perhaps your CAM software has some probing functionality built in too?

Back