What's new
What's new

Fanuc 3m display questions

camaro_dan67

Cast Iron
Is there a way to get either the absolute or relative displays to show the correct z position for the current tool I am using? It only shows a large negative number in z while the tool is cutting the part. The x and y positions are correct. I use G92 for my work offset in x and y and G43 in the program to call tool offsets from the tool table.
Thanks, Dan.

Is there a way to get either the absolute or relative displays to show the correct z position for the current tool I am using? It only shows a large negative number in z while the tool is cutting the part. The x and y positions are correct. I use G92 for my work offset in x and y and G43 in the program to call tool offsets from the tool table.
Thanks, Dan.

I have a Fanuc 3T (lathe) but think you would touch off the tool to the top of the part and then enter G50 Z0

OP is not using the G50 position preset for the Z axis. He is using the Z offset for the tool stored in the offset table.Pretty sure there is a parameter that will change the display position. I know there is a setting on a 10M to do that. If you have the control manual, dig thru the parameters or perhaps someone will chime in here.

No access to a series 3 controlled machine to try this, but parameter 4 bit 2 set to 1 may do what you want. It talks about displaying the programmed position when set to 1 versus the actual position when set to 0.

Thanks for the replies guys. Van I actually talked to the Fanuc service guy and he told me parameter 5 bit 2 which didn't work. I'll try your suggestion next. I do have the programming and service manuals for the control but alot of the wording in them is confusing.

Back