What's new
What's new

Fanuc 3T program cycle problem.

Davefurney

Plastic
Just hoping someone can help. I bought an older lathe.
It’s got a Fanuc 3T on a Nakamura Tome 2 axis.
Everything functions normally. Can run a program from start to finish, simple drill and part off program, on completion of program, it returns to top of program and appears to wait for next cycle start signal.
Then press cycle start to repeat the program and it gives a 059 alarm.
So, I go to MDI , input a GO Z350.0, cycle start and the turret moves to Z350.0

Go back to auto, press cycle start and it runs through the entire program and back to the top of the program.

Then press cycle start to run again and same 059 alarm comes up ???

It doesn’t let me just keep pressing cycle start to run a program repeatedly?
Anyone know what’s up with this thing?
Thanks a million
Dave

Post your code. Sounds to me like the program is still "open" and can't be opened again. Are you using M30? M2? Is there an old program in the machine you can look at to see what it wants for code?

Sometimes it helps to post the entire code so everyone can have a peek. You sending it to zero return at the end? Sounds weird maybe something funky going on with the switch backair?

Wonder what happens is you change the Z G50 to run the program from the Z350.0 position? Using M30 not M2 yes? If you jog to any ole spot other than where it finishes will it run or it has to be at Z350.0?

Brent

Hello Dave,
As others have said, Post your program in its entirety. A p/s 059 alarm relates to a program number search, so a look at your code will help.

Regards,

Bill

Hey hardplates
The program I’m running is actually an old program that was in the machine
The program ends with the parting tool retracting in x axis as,

N1190 G00 x90.0;
N1200 G00 Z200.0;
N1210 G00 X120.0;
N1220 M1;
N1230 M69; (part counter signal)
N1240 M1;
N1250 M1;
/ N1260 M2;
N1270 M99 P10;

This program ending doesn’t make much sense to me as I use to just use M30 (newer controls)

Thanks
Dave

Thanks Brent
I’ve posted the end of the program but can get the whole program tomorrow.

It was using M2 , I changed it to M30 but didn’t solve it.
You can MDI it to any Z position and it’s then happy to run the program again.
Thanks
Dave

Hey hardplates
The program I’m running is actually an old program that was in the machine
The program ends with the parting tool retracting in x axis as,

N1190 G00 x90.0;
N1200 G00 Z200.0;
N1210 G00 X120.0;
N1220 M1;
N1230 M69; (part counter signal)
N1240 M1;
N1250 M1;
/ N1260 M2;
N1270 M99 P10;

This program ending doesn’t make much sense to me as I use to just use M30 (newer controls)

Thanks
Dave
Hello Dave,
Rather than Drip Feeding your program to the Forum, Post the whole lot and you may get a quick resolve.

The program ending above will have Control of the Program branch to the Block with N10 Sequence number whilst the Block Skip feature is turned on. When Block Skip is turned off, M2 will be executed and the program ends. Accordingly, it would be helpful if you showed the Forum the part of the program around N10, or better still, the whole program.

Regards,

Bill

I would replace the M2 with M30 and get rid of the M99. The M99 is likely causing an endless loop.

There are plenty of optional stops in there :willy_nilly:

With the presence of a Parts Counter M Code, its likely a Bar Feeding program, or one where the program is repeated. Therefore, M99 and a Block Number to branch to may be quite appropriate; its quite a common technique to use M99 (with and without a Block Number specified) to have a program repeat.

We're all just pissing into the wind without seeing the program.

Regards,

Bill

With the presence of a Parts Counter M Code, its likely a Bar Feeding program, or one where the program is repeated. Therefore, M99 and a Block Number to branch to may be quite appropriate; its quite a common technique to use M99 (with and without a Block Number specified) to have a program repeat.

We're all just pissing into the wind without seeing the program.

Regards,

Bill

Totally agree, I just assumed the OP wants it to rewind and have to press cycle start.

Totally agree, I just assumed the OP wants it to rewind and have to press cycle start.

His problem is that a p/s 059 alarm is being raised and stopping the progress of the program. This alarm relates to a number of search criteria and may possibly be that the program has no Block with N10 Sequence Number. If he were to Post the whole program, its likely he would have a solution by now; but who knows?

Regards,

Bill

Hi Ed
I’m pretty sure I tried pressing reset and then continuing as I spent about 2hrs trying everything I could think of short of writing a whole new program and starting from scratch.

I just figure I’m opening a box of problems rather than using the existing program that was in it and learning the programming nuances of this machine that way.

It’s got a few weird things about it, like M42 doesn’t stay modal. Every M03 has to have a M42 proceeding it.

I’ll get the whole program when I go into the shop next.
Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Hi Ed
I’m pretty sure I tried pressing reset and then continuing as I spent about 2hrs trying everything I could think of short of writing a whole new program and starting from scratch.
It depends on the Mode the control is in when pressing Reset as to the result. If the control is hung up on an alarm and the Reset is pressed whilst in Auto (Run) mode, the alarm would be extinguished, but the program could potentially be in an unsafe area of the program to restart. If in Edit Mode, I have no doubt that the program would start and successfully run from the Head of the Program. It would be tantamount to running the program for the first time, which you have indicated the machine will do.

Regards,

Bill

Back