What's new
What's new

Fanuc 401 servo alarm vrdy off

poxino

Aluminum
Hello there!

I am having problems on my cnc machine , on start up I am getting 401 servo alarm on x ,y , and z.
Also on the display of the drives the only symbol I can see is a - .

I checked the voltage and seems ok.

I had to repair the transformer few weeks ago as it went , it came back, re connect it , the machines powers up , but servos don't seem to come on.

When I release the emergency stop , you can kind of hear the machine trying to activate the servos without any results.

I can reset the alarm , which it let me reset the message , but alarm comes back on again after 2/3 seconds.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

To start with, what control do you have? It does not cost extra to include as much detail as you can....but it might help get faster, more accurate responses.

Thanks.

Are any bits of diagnostic 200 set to 1 when the alarm occurs? If so, which bit(s) are 1?

Some builders run their hard overtravel circuit with the emergency stop circuit. Are any of the axes at or just beyond their travel range? Is there an overtravel release button? If so, will the drives power up when it is held on?

How do I check those diagnostic bits?

I will try to check that tomorrow!

And yes, you are right , I can't be 100% sure but I believe x axis is at its x- overtravel , or very near by the way.
There is a switch to by pass the overtravel which I haven't tried to held on,but I surely going to try.

But the 401 alarm I am getting is on all x y and z.

Many thanks in advance , always very useful and helpful people in here :)

How do I check those diagnostic bits?

I will try to check that tomorrow!

And yes, you are right , I can't be 100% sure but I believe x axis is at its x- overtravel , or very near by the way.
There is a switch to by pass the overtravel which I haven't tried to held on,but I surely going to try.

But the 401 alarm I am getting is on all x y and z.

Many thanks in advance , always very useful and helpful people in here :)

Hello there,

just an update, I realized what was calling the problem , one of the main breaker was turned off :D

Back