What's new
What's new

Fanuc 453 Z-Axis alm, 1019 spindle defective, 9083 SPN: S-Spindle Error (Fanuc Oi)

haastec

Hot Rolled
A couple times now I have had the alarms 1019 Spindle Defective along with 9083 SPN:S-SPINDLE ERROR (AL-083). Both times I was able to cycle power and was able to continue running. Alarms happened about 3 weeks apart. Now I am getting a 453 Z-AXIS: SPC SOFT DISCONNECT ALARM. This alarm does not clear and returns at power on.

Both of the alarm conditions appear to be encoder related, but I have a hard time believing that the Z-Axis motor and Spindle motor both suddenly have bad encoders. I have double checked the cable connections and they are tight and clean. When the 1019/9083 alarms happened, I neglected to see if the sp drive showed any alarms, but for the 453 alarm it only shows a dash (-).

Can anyone point me in a direction for things to check? Not a whole lot of experience troubleshooting the Robo's.

Thanks!

The machine is a 2007 and I would have to check for the cycle count (assuming you mean tool change count). Not doubting that it could be the cables, just odd that it is on two different motors.

I have got similar spindle alarms on a machine where the spindle sensor (not an encoder) cable connection in the motor mounted junction box. Was not in its nest. I think it was RF noise, or maybe poor pin connections.I think it is an analog signal coming from the Bz or Mz sensor.

I have got the soft axis disconnect alarm on a different machine where the encoder cable was skewered with fine sliver type chips. this was a long fought problem where I would also get soft phase and some other alarm seemingly randomly.

I have got similar spindle alarms on a machine where the spindle sensor (not an encoder) cable connection in the motor mounted junction box. Was not in its nest. I think it was RF noise, or maybe poor pin connections.I think it is an analog signal coming from the Bz or Mz sensor.

I have got the soft axis disconnect alarm on a different machine where the encoder cable was skewered with fine sliver type chips. this was a long fought problem where I would also get soft phase and some other alarm seemingly randomly.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a sister machine that I am waiting for a job to finish so I can borrow the Z-Axis encoder cable to see if it takes care of one of my issues. I will also look into the spindle sensor.

Back