What's new
What's new

Fanuc 6t

mdang

Plastic
Hi,

Could someone help me with the instructions on how to enter a simple program manually into the Fanuc 6T?

Thanks, -Michael

It's been a long time for me on that control, but I think you have to program it in one code at a time. Like this:

G00--insert. X-3.125--insert. Y-6.75--insert. EOB--insert.

Make sense?

Hi,

Could someone help me with the instructions on how to enter a simple program manually into the Fanuc 6T?

Thanks, -Michael

Hello Michael,
Similar for both, but it depends on whether the control is a Model A, or B. You can determine which Model by viewing the CRT screen when Memory (Auto) Mode is selected and a program displayed by pressing the PRGM button. If a whole page of the program is displayed, as it would be in Edit Mode, then its a Model B control. If only the Current and Pending Blocks are displayed, then its a Model A. If the System 6 label still exists on the front of the control panel, the label will be Yellow for a Model B and White for a Model A.

To manually input the program:
1. Ensure the Write Protect switch is in the Off position

2. Select Edit Mode

3. If not displayed immediately, press the PRGM button to display the Edit Screen

4. If the control is a 6T Model A, each word in the Block has to be individually inserted and the Block terminated with EOB, as described by Dave K in Post #2

5. If the control is a 6T Model B, the whole Block can be keyed in, including EOB, before inserting by pressing INSERT.

6. Register a New program by keying in O_ _ _ _ _, where _ _ _ _ _ is the desired program number, followed by EOB to terminate the Block.

7. Proceed to enter successive Blocks, word at a time, if Model A, or whole Block if Model B.

8. Word at time will work for both Model A and B.

Regards,

Bill

Back